What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Be interesting to know how many days before the cruise people' bids got accepted as I've seen a few who were early on.

If you scroll back through some of the posts here, you will find some were a month or more out. And some were right at the 48 hours before the cruise. So, nothing "normal".

Good Luck! Smart move, if you really do not want an OV, don't bid on one... go right for the balcony. I hope you are successful. The balconies on the Dawn are worth the extra $$.

Thanks, the OVs are in locations I'd prefer to avoid. I'm currently on deck 10 and have been in an inside on the Dawn before. Having an opportunity to try a balcony would be great. I'll report back in less than two weeks.

Edited by Nola26

We booked an inside for Dec 28th-Jan 5 Jade cruise 65 days out and received an email to upgrade two days later. We bid $100 each ($200 total for cabin) and received an accepted email two days later...very fast and we think, a great deal! Good luck with all your bids!

We booked an inside for Dec 28th-Jan 5 Jade cruise 65 days out and received an email to upgrade two days later. We bid $100 each ($200 total for cabin) and received an accepted email two days later...very fast and we think, a great deal! Good luck with all your bids!

Thanks for sharing:) and well done on your upgrade!

Thanks for sharing!

Did you get upgraded to a balcony for this bid?

Did they tell you your new cabin number?

Have a great New Years Cruise!!!!

Congratulations, we sail November the 25th on the Epic. I literally check my email everyday but as soon as I find out if NCL excepts our offer Ill post it here.

We have 20 days to go and counting LOL

I'm on your cruise! I am anxiously waiting for my upgrade but doubt it will happen. I called to see how much it would be for a direct switch to a balcony and they quoted me an additional $1500. I can pretty much book another cruise for that amount. :o

They do not actually REJECT any bids. You either put in a bid, or not.

Once you put in the bid, at some point, they look at all the bids given and then "award" the upgrade to some people. If you do not get an upgrade, it is not rejected. Just somebody else had a higher bid and they got the room. And, at some point they run out of that category and no more people get rooms.

Yes, some times a category could show as sold out. But then the person in the balcony gets a suite, and that balcony is now open. (or they have a last minute cancel) It may never show as open because they filled it with someone from inside or OV that bid. And again, the highest bid wins.

there seems to be some question if the highest bid always wins. I wish we had a definitive answer but I guess we will never know for certain.

Hi- I booked about 10 days ago for christmas, we booked 5 cabins and had the various emails to each cabin over 2 days

Thank you! I received my e-mail & the notice on the home screen this morning. While it gave me the option to bid on 6 different rooms looking at the inventory available there is only 1 Haven room left so I'm guessing it will be hard to get an upgrade... Fingers crossed!

Thank you! I received my e-mail & the notice on the home screen this morning. While it gave me the option to bid on 6 different rooms looking at the inventory available there is only 1 Haven room left so I'm guessing it will be hard to get an upgrade... Fingers crossed!

good luck, we haven't heard and we are 4 days away, but I have hope. Until today there were only balconies and below available, in fact only one balcony category. Now there are mini suites available and more categories of balconies so I am still hopeful.

So I called the upsell department to see why I don't have the option to book a spa minisuite or a spa balcony. I currently have an BB angled balcony.

I was told that I am only able to bid on a upgrade and a spa balcony would not be an upgrade. Huh, I would think it is since it is more expensive then my cabin. So I asked if a person who is currently on an OV can bid on a balcony might they get a spa balcony and she said yes. This did not make sense but she said it is their system.

So I took my bid off for the Haven Spa and upgraded for $300 to the spa balcony on 15. I would have liked the Haven but I have family coming and they cannot use the facilities and I want to hang out with them so for this trip it was not worth the money or the bidding process.

One of these days I hope to be able to try the Haven as it looks wonderful!

So I called the upsell department to see why I don't have the option to book a spa minisuite or a spa balcony. I currently have an BB angled balcony.

I was told that I am only able to bid on a upgrade and a spa balcony would not be an upgrade. Huh, I would think it is since it is more expensive then my cabin. So I asked if a person who is currently on an OV can bid on a balcony might they get a spa balcony and she said yes. This did not make sense but she said it is their system.

So I took my bid off for the Haven Spa and upgraded for $300 to the spa balcony on 15. I would have liked the Haven but I have family coming and they cannot use the facilities and I want to hang out with them so for this trip it was not worth the money or the bidding process.

One of these days I hope to be able to try the Haven as it looks wonderful!

They do not do "meta"-category upgrades (you can't go from a BE to BA Balcony, for example). Their system apparently classifies Spa Balcony & Mini-Suite as any other balcony or minisuite. Haven is different for some reason. However you could potentially bid on a mini-suite and then get assigned a spa mini-suite, you couldn't just request that specific meta-category.

$300 total is a good deal to move to a spa balcony, enjoy! For us it's $400 PER PERSON more to go to a spa balcony from our BE balcony, which makes zero financial sense - we'll just book passes separately.

They do not do "meta"-category upgrades (you can't go from a BE to BA Balcony, for example). Their system apparently classifies Spa Balcony & Mini-Suite as any other balcony or minisuite. Haven is different for some reason. However you could potentially bid on a mini-suite and then get assigned a spa mini-suite, you couldn't just request that specific meta-category.

$300 total is a good deal to move to a spa balcony, enjoy! For us it's $400 PER PERSON more to go to a spa balcony from our BE balcony, which makes zero financial sense - we'll just book passes separately.

Yes you are right they said they do not do that. But I figured I would be taking a chance on bidding so I decided just to go ahead with it. I also called and changed my booking on the Bliss for September and it was not $300 it was $430 so a bit more for the Bliss. However no pictures of that spa yet. I am assuming it is going to be similar to the Escape.

Prior to this we had always booked the thermal spa passes online when it opened up. I am going to rethink that if the ship is not full and they want to fill the rooms. Maybe we could get it for less again.

We're on the Jan 5 sailing Breakaway. When I checked the reservation this morning I didn't see the banner that says lets get you upgraded. I hope this means we were upgraded.

Just check where you can modify your bid...if it says processing instead of pending congratulations

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We received are notice of an upgrade to Haven SPA Suite from mini-suite for the BA Jan 5 cruise bid was $600. We are totally stoked, they accepted this 60 days out! Seems early but we will take it! Haven Virgins!

We should toast our Haven upgrades at the Haven sail away party lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app