What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

If you purchase a cabin within 20 days of sailing, is there still a chance that you will receive an upgrade email? Does anyone know, from experience, how long after you booked you received the email? Just curious. In the past, I've always contacted the upsell # about 10 days out, but the upsell number has been retired, correct? Thanks! Pat

Last year i booked on 8/28 for a 9/9 sailing. on 8/29 i received and upgrade offer and on 8/30 it was accepted.

Unfortunately hurricane irma cancelled that cruise! :(

Me too! Do you think we will hear by Monday or Tuesday? I am hoping so! Good luck!;)

Good Luck to you too! Hopefully, we will hear sooner than later but not counting on it. I am starting to become obsessed and keep second guessing my bids...

Oh well, received email yesterday informing me my bids for a H9 and H7 was declined, man they are not kidding when they say they will notify you up to 48 hours before sailing, anyway still gonna have a blast

ESCAPE - Bermuda/NYC - 7 days, Apr 29, 2018 <Non-Haven>

Booked directly last summer

Upgrade email/pop-ups @80 days, bids submitted ... more email invites

Status changed @ 21 days from "pending" to "processing" yesterday - credit card has been "charged" yet, no early alert ;p < "patience" - did not modify/change original bids>

Status "upgraded" @20 days, assigned to Deck 9 FWD - Category is B6, Large Balcony - sleeps 3. Amount bidded was past the borderline Poor/Fair, a little higher (with "bids" from others possibly still not processed, exact dollars paid withheld for now)

BIL/SIL and her sister are happy with the sofa/daybed vs. an upper bunk/pullman, The "seniors" successful last Fall with a similar upgrade (regular balcony) on the BA, notified around the same time ahead of sailing & join the Platinum rank then.

IMO, looking at the unsold inventory now - probably could've scored this UG at a lower amount, but the large balcony/extra elbow room is a definite plus, all 3 can sit outside enjoying the sunset at Dockyard ... depending on ship's berth direction.

Still waiting to see if we score ourselves at 19 days - it appeared lately, NCL isn't "processing" many of the upgrades until close to the sailing, so we wait ... Insides are the only category, except Sail Away Rates, listed as "Sold Out" now - mock booking showing 40+ OV, Balcony & Mini's (unknown for Sail Away/GTY "no frills") available.

Good luck to those new to the bidding game, my advice - patience, bid with what you are comfortable & feel reasonable to play the odds for a GTY upgrade.

ESCAPE - Bermuda/NYC - 7 days, Apr 29, 2018 <Non-Haven>

Booked directly last summer

Upgrade email/pop-ups @80 days, bids submitted ... more email invites

Status changed @ 21 days from "pending" to "processing" yesterday - credit card has been "charged" yet, no early alert ;p < "patience" - did not modify/change original bids>

Status "upgraded" @20 days, assigned to Deck 9 FWD - Category is B6, Large Balcony - sleeps 3. Amount bidded was past the borderline Poor/Fair, a little higher (with "bids" from others possibly still not processed, exact dollars paid withheld for now)

BIL/SIL and her sister are happy with the sofa/daybed vs. an upper bunk/pullman, The "seniors" successful last Fall with a similar upgrade (regular balcony) on the BA, notified around the same time ahead of sailing & join the Platinum rank then.

IMO, looking at the unsold inventory now - probably could've scored this UG at a lower amount, but the large balcony/extra elbow room is a definite plus, all 3 can sit outside enjoying the sunset at Dockyard ... depending on ship's berth direction.

Still waiting to see if we score ourselves at 19 days - it appeared lately, NCL isn't "processing" many of the upgrades until close to the sailing, so we wait ... Insides are the only category, except Sail Away Rates, listed as "Sold Out" now - mock booking showing 40+ OV, Balcony & Mini's (unknown for Sail Away/GTY "no frills") available.

Good luck to those new to the bidding game, my advice - patience, bid with what you are comfortable & feel reasonable to play the odds for a GTY upgrade.

Congrats MKing on your upgrade. The B6 is a great room I hear.

I knew you were going somewhere soon but wasn't sure where or what ship. Nice to see it is Escape to Bermuda so you can give us the lowdown before we go in June.

Have a great trip to you and your family.

Congrats < I will extend this to BIL/SIL, thanks >The B6 is a great room I hear ... knew you were going somewhere soon but wasn't sure where or what ship. Nice to see it is Escape to Bermuda so you can give us the lowdown before we go in June. Have a great trip to you and your family.

Dex ... LOL, have a nice cup of coffee, speed reading my post. Extended family didn't even know they "won" till I text them. Yeah, it is a VERY nice category, they probably bid a little more than what I would with this Calculus game - got nice perks as a whole, OBC and 2X points from original booking I made for them. They take lots of pictures so I will share & see if they remember to keep the Dailies, etc. Wanted us to join when they booked, we couldn't commit then & got ourselves another deal with CAS friends together ... Will be on the Gem instead (boring itinerary, but DW overdue for a break ...)

Don't believe anyone on Gem sailing's Roll Call, or even the week ahead of us - heard about their bids yet. Not expecting to know for another week to 10 days ... the waiting game continued. NYC's gaming strategy on this, appeared, IMHO, shifted lately.

Nice to hear you are going Bermuda on the Escape, we might do a last minute this Fall.

Dex ... LOL, have a nice cup of coffee, speed reading my post. Extended family didn't even know they "won" till I text them. Yeah, it is a VERY nice category, they probably bid a little more than what I would with this Calculus game - got nice perks as a whole, OBC and 2X points from original booking I made for them. They take lots of pictures so I will share & see if they remember to keep the Dailies, etc. Wanted us to join when they booked, we couldn't commit then & got ourselves another deal with CAS friends together ... Will be on the Gem instead (boring itinerary, but DW overdue for a break ...)

Don't believe anyone on Gem sailing's Roll Call, or even the week ahead of us - heard about their bids yet. Not expecting to know for another week to 10 days ... the waiting game continued. NYC's gaming strategy on this, appeared, IMHO, shifted lately.

Nice to hear you are going Bermuda on the Escape, we might do a last minute this Fall.

I am on the Gem April 28. Havent heard anything yet!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Lies! They have the bids available for totally sold out cabins as backup if someone should cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would agree with this. No way they would “hold” cabins when there is a change they could sell them at the going rate.

Lies! They have the bids available for totally sold out cabins as backup if someone should cancel.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve called NCL and was given 2 different answers for the same question. I honestly think some of the reps make stuff up because they don’t know the right answer. I’ve spoken to reps that didn’t know NCL’s own policy on various things and had to explain to them.

I believe you because I keep getting different information every time I call!! One guy told me all the balconies in the Haven courtyard were appx 100 sq ft and the next rep told me some of the ones available were only 54 sq feet! Maddening....

We're sailing on the Escape on April 29th—we'll be out to sea at this time 21 days from now.

We didn’t get a Upgrade Advantage email notification, but the “Let's Get You Upgraded” prompt was under MyNCL, so I submitted a couple bids.

I'm bidding on a H4 (which is what I’m really after), but I have bids on an H5 and H6 as well, since we'd be happy with either of those. My most competitive bid—or, what I'm guessing is competitive based on current prices and inventory—is for the H4.

Three of us are sailing: me, my wife, and our baby (who is just old enough to cruise). We've got a B1 booked on deck 9, and we'd be plenty happy with that big balcony, but a H4 would be amazing, with the extra room. We'll see what happens! (yn)

Wow, I messed that one up. I was thinking your next trip was Gem again so I was "surprised" when I thought you were going on Escape.

So, will you get your family to give the low-down on Escape? Have they heard anything about shows either cancelled and times changed or swapped out all together?

Just got an email from the upgrade fairy for the 4/15 Getaway, went from an MA Minisuite to H6 Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse. The bid was in the low good range and we are very excited!

SOOOOO jealous! I am still waiting with fingers crossed to see if we get an upgrade. We did an upsell to an aft penthouse on the Getaway 2 years ago and loved it!

I called NCL tonight after seeing SOLD OUT on many of the Haven rooms on the website. I wanted to know why they were still offering bidding for upgrades on room categories that were unavailable online and I was told they have rooms available that are not on the website. The representative said that would not offer bidding on rooms if they were not available and until I receive accepted or denied there is still a possibility. Has anyone heard differently? I wonder if the information given out by their representatives is consistent?

We asked the same question and I was told the same exact thing.

It could be they leave the bidding open in case someone moves from a lower Haven to higher Haven, then they can fill the lower Haven with a bid.