just off the independence of the seas

I'll be on her in 11 days! Can't wait!

How was the food and entertainment? What did you do in Cozumel?

Food was great, entertainment was great also. 1 Ice show and 2 production shows including Grease. In Cozumel I went to Nachi-Cocom Beach Club. Then walked the shops downtown.

Did not see any for sale. The drink package was $61 a night. Which i think is a lot if you didn't buy online before. I bought it online for $44.

Was that $61 before or after the 18% gratuities were added?

Glad to hear that the food was good. How was the service?, there have been some mentions of cruisers waiting long times for food and drink service.........

We were there last April and the service was TERRIBLE. We will not return.

Glad to hear that the food was good. How was the service?, there have been some mentions of cruisers waiting long times for food and drink service.........

Bar service was fast, Main dining room service was a little slow but thats normal cause trying to serve hundreds of guest at the same time is hard. Total time in main dining room was 1.5 hours.

• 1 month later...
Food was great, entertainment was great also. 1 Ice show and 2 production shows including Grease. In Cozumel I went to Nachi-Cocom Beach Club. Then walked the shops downtown.

FYI, I saw on Nachi's facebook page they are upping their max guest to 130 per day now!

I'll be on her in 11 days! Can't wait!

How was the food and entertainment? What did you do in Cozumel?

We just got off on 3/6/17. We only went to Cozumel. We, prior to the trip, bought full face snorkel masks. We got off ship in Cozumel and took a taxi [11$] to The Money Bar. We put our masks on and walked down the stairs to the beautiful clear blue water. We saw a lot of fish without going out too far. We didn't bring our flippers since this was our first time, so we stayed where we could touch. Awesome time. The waiter gave us a menu but really didn't pressure us to buy anything. We did though and shared a delicious lunch of shrimp and rice, coleslaw and corn on the cob. Great fun. We shopped a little in one shop just to get the grandkids T-shirts but then went back to ship.

Entertainment was spectacular. Ice show first night, Once upon a Time [fairy tales to modern music] second night. The third was Resurrection-A Journey Tribute band and final night was Grease. First class all the way!!

Food was all okay but funny how the desserts don't really have flavor. The formal night was night 2 and we had Filet Mignon. We regularly eat Fliet Mignon because to me its cheaper to buy with no waste for 2 people but theirs was good. My guy is in the food manager business so what can we expect when preparing 5000 meals. I was a a little disappointed in buffet. You would see them put out fresh food but it was cold. But all in all it was good. The best breakfast was the room service balcony breakfast. :cool:

How "dressed up" were people on formal night?

All different amounts of dressed up. No ties. Some with ties. I wore a short dress with a lacy cover over it. I really think people have different opinions of what is dressed up. As for myself I think it was fun to be a little dressy but in the end who really cares? I'm old enough to remember when people dressed up on airplanes. I kid you not we saw pajamas and fluffy slippers on our flight. LOL

Has anyone seen a special on "buckets of beer" or the beer cooler on the Indy???

We bought a beer cooler several years back on the Liberty. With the purchase of the cooler, you got like 7 beer for the price of 6. Any clue if they still honor this??? Don't have room to pack it if it is no longer honored. We leave next thursday!!