Help with gratuities on Harmony of the Seas

cubalinda

Hi there. I could use some help/information please with information about gratuities on my upcoming cruise on Harmony of the Seas.

I booked with a Travel Agent in Toronto awhile ago and she said that Harmony was no longer offering the option to pay pre-paid gratuities before the cruise. She said that I would have to pay them onboard. She quickly gave me a price per day in US funds that I have need a reminder of.

This was surprising to me because last year on Oasis I pre-paid my gratuities included with my payment for the entire trip (air and cruise package not from RCL but Air Transat/Marlin Travel (at the time). that was kind of a relief as everything was paid for with no surprises, and I didn't have to worry about what Royal might be using for a US/Canadian exchange rate later onboard.

Does anyone know the gratuities policy/procedure for Harmony of the Seas when booking with a Travel Agent?

(If booking with a Canadian TA maybe that affects things???)

Finally; can someone chime in on how much they are for a 7 day cruise?

Any input/experiences would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

I mentioned this in the other thread, if you have OBC, it can't be used to prepay grats (maybe that's what your TA is talking about? I'm also CDN).

You can pay it upfront for peace of mind, or you can pay it at the end because who knows, maybe you'll be unhappy with part of the service?

If you don't prepay, you'll see it added on every day per person on the Royal IQ app, it's not a mystery, there's always a running updated total of all charges. The app doesn't require a paid wifi service, works for free on board when you turn wifi on.

Download the app beforehand, it also shows your calendar appointments at a glance:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/royaliq

... I booked with a Travel Agent in Toronto awhile ago and she said that Harmony was no longer offering the option to pay pre-paid gratuities before the cruise. ...

Time to find a new travel agent.