Price Protection Question

zwg509

Hey all,

I recently sent in a price protection form that was approved. I have an ocean view room booked which dropped about $40 per person on Carnival's website which prompted the form submission. I was expecting my total price to drop by $80 but to my surprise it dropped $220 total. Has this happened to anyone before? My room is still the same number as when I first booked so they didn't change any of that. I can't even book a room as cheap as this drop made it now. It just seems a little too good to be true to me.

Thank you!

Hey all,

I recently sent in a price protection form that was approved. I have an ocean view room booked which dropped about $40 per person on Carnival's website which prompted the form submission. I was expecting my total price to drop by $80 but to my surprise it dropped $220 total. Has this happened to anyone before? My room is still the same number as when I first booked so they didn't change any of that. I can't even book a room as cheap as this drop made it now. It just seems a little too good to be true to me.

Thank you!

Shhh don't tell anyone.

It is luck of the draw. Seems like a few times a month a cruise will bottom out in price because of slow sales even when other weeks are stable. I usually seek those cruises out when we are booking. If you happen to be previously booked on one of those sailings you can get some deep discounts.