Picture-A-Week 2017 - Week 06

pierces

Living in California is running out of perks. Taxes. Homelessness. The quality of education in a downward spiral. Most big industries have been chased out by an increasingly intrusive government. Utility companies raise rates for emergencies but “forget” to lower them when the emergencies pass. Special regulations and taxes that add a dollar to a gallon of gasoline. Our population is larger than Canada and crammed into a few coastal metropolitan areas. Three recurring disaster scenarios: wildfires, earthquakes, and the California State Legislature. In spite of all that negativity, it can still bring you to tears with flashes of sheer beauty almost anywhere in the state.

Sunrise Road

p2201861869-5.jpg

Dave

Those are some great colors Dave!

Thanks!

I went out on a quick grocery run this morning and saw this when I pulled out of the parking lot. It took a lot not to speed (too much) to get home to the camera!

I always have the phone with me but this deserved more than that. :)

Dave

BoomerakI, very nice pictures!

Very nice color Dave!

I'm still taking advantage of the photo opportunities while on extended business travel to Huntsville, Alabama.

Having the RAW file and photoshop saved this picture from the recycle bin. The jpeg was horribly over-exposed.

Dave, I'm really learning to like the 16-50pz lens on the A6000. This picture was taken with the 16-50pz even though I should have used the 19mm sigma.

I added the auto-open lens cover to the 16-50pz last year; best $12 I've spent in a long time.

saturn%205%20at%20night_zps7cqtn2pf.jpg

I wonder why my pictures are no longer here??

When I follow the link to your pictures, the page tells me that the picture has been moved or deleted. Did you rename the gallery or move the pictures to a new one?

Dave

I wonder why my pictures are no longer here??

I don't know why your pictures disappeared, but this morning I discovered that I can no longer get my pictures from photobucket to post. I had to use one of my other photo hosting websites to post the picture I put in Week 7. I think the problem isn't with the new CC format as much as it might be a problem with the photobucket website.