Labadee Beach Lounger for two question

mianmike

I'm confused. When attempting to reserve a "Beach Lounger for Two" the RCI website asks for number of guests. (There are three of us (me, DW and DS) that plan to rotate through the loungers.) The RCI website wants to charge us for three guests.

Question: If I only put one guest, we will only be charged once for a "Beach Lounger for Two"; if we do that, can we all three still use the two loungers and have access to the area? (I assume the area is restricted?) Thanks!

I am curious to hear if it only includes two chairs and the clam shell, and nothing else. If that is the case, you should be able to reserve it for just two of you, since only two will be able to use the two chairs at one time. If it also includes a special lunch, then their could be a problem.

Also, is your son an adult, or just a child? That could make a difference on if he can come into the area with you, with out a special band, showing your reservation.

Generally, clamshells, cabanas, etc...are booked in ONE name only. You may invite whoever you want (within the limits of the structure) to join you. As far as a child being with you, simply pull another lounger close to your clamshell...I would be surprised if your child really wants to sit in a lounger.....unless he's a teen...and then he won't even want to be SEEN with you!

I didn't book this but I did check it out and noticed in the important notes section it says:

Each lounger accommodates 2 guests. Please reserve 1 beach lounger for every 2 guests.

I don't believe the area is restricted.

I'm confused. When attempting to reserve a "Beach Lounger for Two" the RCI website asks for number of guests. (There are three of us (me, DW and DS) that plan to rotate through the loungers.) The RCI website wants to charge us for three guests.

Question: If I only put one guest, we will only be charged once for a "Beach Lounger for Two"; if we do that, can we all three still use the two loungers and have access to the area? (I assume the area is restricted?) Thanks!

Incase you aren't already aware of this, lounge chairs are free all over Labadee. Basically you are reserving the clamshell. I don't think the area is private, so you can easily bring a third chair to your clamshell.

Personally I don't like the beach where these clamshells are reserved. The water is rougher and full of sharp shells. I've seen people come out with cuts from the sharp shells. There are 3-4 separate beach areas at Labadee. Columbus and Nellie's beach has calm water and a soft sand bottom. Might be important if your son is young.

• 10 months later...

I was interested in more info about these rentals in Labadee. We did something similar while on Coco-Cay and it was actually a private area of the beach. You didn't have special bar service, but there was a bar there and you were driven to the area from the port, the beach area was also restricted to those who had reserved a chair. I just wondered if it was the same in Labadee?

Is there anyone that reserved the clam shells in Labadee that can share the experience? Thanks Lara