Wi-Fi

kurtlinda

Daily prices listed below:

New Upgraded Plans

We have upgraded our communications technology to the latest, state of the art systems and guests now have access to much faster speeds at an affordable price! Want to share that awesome photo? Need to Skype home? Our ships now feature our awesome new internet plans. No other cruise line offers these speeds at these great prices!

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Does not include access to other websites or apps.

Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).

Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu) and Snapchat. Cellular-network-dependent WiFi Calling and Facetime services are also not supported at this time. Printing is offered at no charge.

To access Wi-Fi, simply turn on your device's Wi-Fi feature and you will receive the information needed. You can do this anywhere onboard the ship.

You get a discount on the daily price if you order any package for the entire cruise be it 3 day or a transatlantic. How much discount depends how long the cruise is. We paid about 35 dollars for a the mid-level plan which would have been 48 dollars by the daily price.

With mid-level we could surf the internet for the most part. Had no problem playing the games we like at night before bed and we could send pictures and texts back home. We had decent signal in our cabin although many people report signal strength can vary wildly by location on ship. We were deck 8, towards the rear on Valor.

You do NOT have to buy ANY internet package in order to use the HUB app. All of its' functions are free except for chat with other HUB users onboard. You can enable chat for 5 dollars per cruise. Anyone you want to chat with also must have the app with chat enabled.

You can share one plan across many devices but only 1 can be logged in at a time. If you're playing clash of clans and you're wife wants to milk her cows in Farmville she can kick you off by signing in. It worked well for us as we weren't needing simultaneous wifi but if y'all need to be on at the same time you need to buy 2 packages.

No matter what package you get, it's pretty slow. You can get most stuff done but it will take longer than you are used to if you have any decent internet at home.

You get a discount on the daily price if you order any package for the entire cruise be it 3 day or a transatlantic. How much discount depends how long the cruise is. We paid about 35 dollars for a the mid-level plan which would have been 48 dollars by the daily price.

With mid-level we could surf the internet for the most part. Had no problem playing the games we like at night before bed and we could send pictures and texts back home. We had decent signal in our cabin although many people report signal strength can vary wildly by location on ship. We were deck 8, towards the rear on Valor.

You do NOT have to buy ANY internet package in order to use the HUB app. All of its' functions are free except for chat with other HUB users onboard. You can enable chat for 5 dollars per cruise. Anyone you want to chat with also must have the app with chat enabled.

You can share one plan across many devices but only 1 can be logged in at a time. If you're playing clash of clans and you're wife wants to milk her cows in Farmville she can kick you off by signing in. It worked well for us as we weren't needing simultaneous wifi but if y'all need to be on at the same time you need to buy 2 packages.

No matter what package you get, it's pretty slow. You can get most stuff done but it will take longer than you are used to if you have any decent internet at home.

Mucho thanks! I have to keep my work email phone up and running (my ball and chain) and was wondering how to deal with it! You're the fount of all knowledge!

We have always purchased the middle internet package for the entire cruise (husband needs it for work) and seems to be the best value unlimited usage. However, have been on Sunshine, Magic, Breeze, Glory, Conquest & Dream and had no issues on any of the ships EXCEPT Magic. It just seemed as if connection was very spotty on different areas of the ship even at the carnival hub computers?? It was the only ship that we weren't pleased with, think they need some boosters or something. But good luck and have a great cruise.

I purchased the middle package for a 3 night cruise on the Carnival Liberty (Feb. 2-5, 2017). It was $36 dollars. I primarily purchase wifi so I could keep an eye on my animals back home. I have wifi enabled security cameras that I was able to view & manipulate pretty easily via the app on my phone. I could watch the live video feed, speak to them & hear what was going on, but uploading a 30sec Instagram video never happened. I was able to bulk upload photos to Facebook (10-20 at a time), but at a slower rate than standard land connections.

I purchased the middle package for a 3 night cruise on the Carnival Liberty (Feb. 2-5, 2017). It was $36 dollars. I primarily purchase wifi so I could keep an eye on my animals back home. I have wifi enabled security cameras that I was able to view & manipulate pretty easily via the app on my phone. I could watch the live video feed, speak to them & hear what was going on, but uploading a 30sec Instagram video never happened. I was able to bulk upload photos to Facebook (10-20 at a time), but at a slower rate than standard land connections.

Ha! that's pretty cool. We didn't have it last cruise but we now have one of those Ring video doorbells. I'm gonna have fun with that when we go on our next cruise.

I wish Carnival would post the prices for the entire cruise for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and so on night cruises along with the daily prices. I see someone just a couple posts above mine says Value WiFi for 7 night is $65.

$5 a day Social price. $15 a day Value price and $25 a day price for premium doesn't tell me a whole lot when I want the discount price for the entire cruise.

$15 a day value internet purchased each day on a 7 day cruise is $105. but the price for the entire cruise if you purchase at the begining is $65 thats quite a discount. Whats the discount price for premium internet or social internet on a 7 day? or maybe a 5 day? really wish Carnival would post these prices. or someone put one together and post it.

This helped us out trying to find a way for Hubble to contact me while I'm out doing other things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish Carnival would post the prices for the entire cruise for 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and so on night cruises along with the daily prices. I see someone just a couple posts above mine says Value WiFi for 7 night is $65.

$5 a day Social price. $15 a day Value price and $25 a day price for premium doesn't tell me a whole lot when I want the discount price for the entire cruise.

$15 a day value internet purchased each day on a 7 day cruise is $105. but the price for the entire cruise if you purchase at the begining is $65 thats quite a discount. Whats the discount price for premium internet or social internet on a 7 day? or maybe a 5 day? really wish Carnival would post these prices. or someone put one together and post it.

Having not been on a 7-day yet, I'm going to guess around $85-90 for premium. It was $60 (15per day) on a 4-day and $70 (14 per day) on a 5-day. I'm thinking 12 or 13 per day on a 7 day which would be $84 or $91 over 7 days. I'll know for sure in a couple weeks. I'm just planning on $100 and I'll be good.

Having not been on a 7-day yet, I'm going to guess around $85-90 for premium. It was $60 (15per day) on a 4-day and $70 (14 per day) on a 5-day. I'm thinking 12 or 13 per day on a 7 day which would be $84 or $91 over 7 days. I'll know for sure in a couple weeks. I'm just planning on $100 and I'll be good.

Sounds like a logical rule-of-thumb. I'm much more comfortable with this now! Knowledge is power!

$120 for 7 days? That's crazy. $50 more than I paid for 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Even crazier is that it's per device/person (unless you don't mind being bumped off when the other person logs in).

One of the few things MSC has over Carnival was their internet package.

4 devices, (although was limited to 4 GB?) for a 11-day/10-night cruise was like $110.

And it worked with WiFi calling (at least it did for T-Mobile).

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like a logical rule-of-thumb. I'm much more comfortable with this now! Knowledge is power!

My guesstimate was wrong. It's $119 for 7 days of premium. I have screen shots of the pricing as soon as this "premium" internet allows me to upload.

Edited by Saint Greg