gambled and lost with guaranteed inside stateroom

CocaCola19

Don't think it's that bad of a location. We have stayed in one of the interior sideways rooms before near elevator and had no issues with noise at all. We actually like the different layout of the room and it was more spacious than the typical interior cabin. And as far as floors you are above the prime steakhouse which should shut down well before bedtime so shouldn't interfere with sleep. Enjoy and hope it works out for you!

Don't think it's that bad of a location. We have stayed in one of the interior sideways rooms before near elevator and had no issues with noise at all. We actually like the different layout of the room and it was more spacious than the typical interior cabin. And as far as floors you are above the prime steakhouse which should shut down well before bedtime so shouldn't interfere with sleep. Enjoy and hope it works out for you!

Actually half of that cabin is above the GALLEY of the steakhouse and the dishwashers will be working several hours after the restaurant has closed for the evening. I would be just as concerned as the OP were that my assigned cabin.

It could have been so much worse. I have stayed in that room on a different ship. You wont have any noise from above or below. You won't hear the elevator. The layout of the room gives for a more spacious feel. Hubby and I choose to keep the beds in a twin configuration to further open up the floor space. The only thing you will hear is from the steward closet. Sometime they start their day a little early sea days for my taste. Ask nice and they will keep it down.

Remember it could have been under the galley with noise all night long.

Have a great cruise and thanks for sharing your guarantee result.

Thanks for letting me know about the elevators. Hopefully we will have the same experience. When I first looked at the deck below I thought it was above the piano bar. Above the steakhouse is much better.

For anyone who wants to know, I will take note and mention it in my review if being next to the elevator is bothersome.

Even a noisy stateroom is still a stateroom. 24 days to go!

It could have been so much worse. I have stayed in that room on a different ship. You wont have any noise from above or below. You won't hear the elevator. The layout of the room gives for a more spacious feel. Hubby and I choose to keep the beds in a twin configuration to further open up the floor space. The only thing you will hear is from the steward closet. Sometime they start their day a little early sea days for my taste. Ask nice and they will keep it down.

This was our exact experience also and why I offered another opinion (not negative) concerning this room location. I also would rather be ABOVE the steakhouse rather than BELOW it. :eek: But everyone has their own opinion and we agree with the extra floor space that is not found in normal interior cabins.

awesome, thanks. I was worried about the elevator but now seems like a non issue.

I think it's a good location. Elevators shouldn't be a problem, I purposely book close to elevators. I doubt noise from the steakhouse will be a problem. An actual plus is there will be very little foot traffic in the hall.

Actually I just looked at it more closely. My granddaughter had that cabin and loved it. Extremely convenient and never heard a peep.

Edited by bury me at sea
Added last paragraph.