Multiple cabins and Upgrade Advantage email

JessLCH

My family has 3 minisuites booked on an upcoming Escape cruise, total of 6 pax (2 per cabin). We received 3 separate emails to upgrade today- one for each cabin. Here is the issue. My husband and son are booked in one room, my daughter and I in the connecting room. My inlaws are next door. IF I wanted to upgrade, I would want to try for an H4 for my family of four. Problem is, we are on two different room reservations so cannot figure out how to bid. My inlaws could bid separately. I am reluctant to bid for two reasons: First, the two connecting cabins would need to move to one Haven suite. Second, what if my inlaws got the upgrade but we didn't, or vice versa? We only want to upgrade if we can all do so. Anyone have prior experience with these issues? Thanks. I just called NCL but the Upgrade Advantage desk is closed for the evening.

I called to ask about this scenario today and, as the program is currently set up, it seems virtually impossible for me to upgrade 2 connecting mini-suites that I currently have booked for my family of four to an H4 2 bedroom. Seems nuts they can't figure out a way to offer this.

I have the same situation.

I have 2 rooms booked with 1 adult and 1 child.

When I spoke to the upgrade department I was told that we would have to

keep the 2nd room even if we have the 2 BR Haven.

My kids are 14 and 11 so I don't need to be right next to them.

I bid low and if I get one OK, otherwise I'm happy with the room I booked.

I have the same situation.

I have 2 rooms booked with 1 adult and 1 child.

When I spoke to the upgrade department I was told that we would have to

keep the 2nd room even if we have the 2 BR Haven.

My kids are 14 and 11 so I don't need to be right next to them.

I bid low and if I get one OK, otherwise I'm happy with the room I booked.

Here is a possible problem though, will they only list 2 in the H4 that you are bidding on as an upgrade to your room with your child? So, you and the child booked in your current room get the H4 upgrade, but your husband and child booked with him are still listed in his original room. They would not be able to partake in the Haven amenities as they aren't Haven passengers.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Forums mobile app

You can't upgrade two reservations into one without incurring a cancellation.

Before this new bidding system, I was able to upgrade from 2 balcony cabins (2 adults in each room) on the Epic in August, 2016, to an H4 for the 4 of us. Since we each had the beverage package already, we were able to keep that for the 4 of us.

We did not incur a cancellation on one of the rooms.

Here is a possible problem though, will they only list 2 in the H4 that you are bidding on as an upgrade to your room with your child? So, you and the child booked in your current room get the H4 upgrade, but your husband and child booked with him are still listed in his original room. They would not be able to partake in the Haven amenities as they aren't Haven passengers.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Forums mobile app

Yes, NCL pointed out this exact problem to me today when I called. It seems incredibly stupid that they cannot figure out a way for 2 cabins of 2 pax each to upgrade to a 2 bedroom villa.

When upgrading through PCC/sales and paying current retail price it is at NCL's discretion to let you do it. Upsell and Upgrade Advantage seems pretty strictly one cabin for another.

We did not pay current retail price for the H4. It was two weeks before sailing and many H4s were unsold. We negotiated. My sister did the same thing - 2 balconies to an H4, on the same sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We usually just get an extra key for the rooms and the ship is not concerned where we sleep.

Are you saying that they wouldn't let me use the room or just the pool area?

We did not pay current retail price for the H4. It was two weeks before sailing and many H4s were unsold. We negotiated. My sister did the same thing - 2 balconies to an H4, on the same sailing.

Are you saying you upsold through the upsell phone number two balconies into one H4, as that is extremely uncommon? Was it two balconies into two H4's, or was it four balconies into two H4's?

Are you saying you upsold through the upsell phone number two balconies into one H4, as that is extremely uncommon? Was it two balconies into two H4's, or was it four balconies into two H4's?

It was 4 balconies into 2 H4s. On Epic from Rome in August. It cost us $500 per person. This was done through the Upsell number.

It was 4 balconies into 2 H4s. On Epic from Rome in August. It cost us $500 per person. This was done through the Upsell number.

You make the second person I've heard of that was allowed to do this, I have seen many reports of it being denied. I tried the same in March 2016 and was flatly refused by upsell. I upsold one cabin and had to keep the other which made a mess with some of us officially in the suite and others not. Was the initial contact made by you or them? Did four people (two from each balcony) have to pay the $500 into one H4? Perhaps they were desperate and willing to break their "rule", or they figured they could easily resell your old cabins. Unfortunately even this slim chance will be disappearing with the expansion of the Uprgade Advantage program.

You make the second person I've heard of that was allowed to do this, I have seen many reports of it being denied. I tried the same in March 2016 and was flatly refused by upsell. I upsold one cabin and had to keep the other which made a mess with some of us officially in the suite and others not. Was the initial contact made by you or them? Did four people (two from each balcony) have to pay the $500 into one H4? Perhaps they were desperate and willing to break their "rule", or they figured they could easily resell your old cabins. Unfortunately even this slim chance will be disappearing with the expansion of the Uprgade Advantage program.

I contacted them. And, yes, all 4 per room paid $500 each to upgrade. They originally wanted $750 per person. We definitely felt it was worth it.

I contacted them. And, yes, all 4 per room paid $500 each to upgrade. They originally wanted $750 per person. We definitely felt it was worth it.

So each H4 cost you $2000 plus the cost of the two balconies? An average balcony should have cost at least $1700pp, even a guarantee is usually around $1400pp so that would be like $7600 to $8800 for the H4. The H4 prices are now crazy high though, like $10K, in 2015 we paid $6050 for an H4 for four people from Rome (two got promos). I assume you didn't get all four promos, but at least were all able to keep the original two promos. I guess if you got two extra beverage packages.... How did you decide who got the small bedroom?

So each H4 cost you $2000 plus the cost of the two balconies? An average balcony should have cost at least $1700pp, even a guarantee is usually around $1400pp so that would be like $7600 to $8800 for the H4. The H4 prices are now crazy high though, like $10K, in 2015 we paid $6050 for an H4 for four people from Rome (two got promos). I assume you didn't get all four promos, but at least were all able to keep the original two promos. I guess if you got two extra beverage packages.... How did you decide who got the small bedroom?

Each balcony was 2500 for 2 people. So each H4 was 7000 for 4 people. For us, it was more important to get 4 beverage packages so it worked out. We switched bedrooms halfway through cruise. On such a port intensive cruise, we didn't care where we slept. But the benefits of the Haven were great to have for that type of cruise and for our group of 8.

Definite good deal getting into the balconies for $2500. I can see how that made the upsell work. In my case also booking two cabins gave everyone the UBP which was about worth the cost of the extra cabin - ocean view. We upsold the one cabin and all stayed in the suite. Luckily there was no Haven and the concierge allowed us all to eat at Moderno plus the other privileges. Thanks for providing details as I am always curious what NCL will allow next.