New NCL Passenger On Getaway: Question About Vibe "Early Boarding" Post

SeaManInLA

Someone posted the following in a review:

"Arriving early allowed all 20 of us to get access to Vibe. Let me tell you, this is worth every penny! "

I am admittedly a new Pax on NCL (A Frequent Princess Cruiser here), so I have only been able to glean that "Vibe" is a "Private Access" pool area.

But, here's my question...it seems as though this person was saying that if one checked in early they were able to purchase a pass to this area.

Is there a certain number of passes they sell to this area? Is THAT why they had the ability to purchase early? Or is there a discount for buying it on that first day? Also...since I depart this Sunday...I'm wondering if I have the ability to buy this pass on the NCL website ahead of time.

Thanks for any info...and forgive my "newbie-ness". I know a ton about Princess, but this NCL stuff is a mystery to me. :-)

"Arriving early allowed all 20 of us to get access to Vibe. Let me tell you, this is worth every penny! "

They (probably) all had to be there.

I am admittedly a new Pax on NCL (A Frequent Princess Cruiser here), so I have only been able to glean that "Vibe" is a "Private Access" pool area.

There is no pool there.

Is there a certain number of passes they sell to this area? Is THAT why they had the ability to purchase early?

Limited number of passes. They have to arrive early to get a chance.

I'm wondering if I have the ability to buy this pass on the NCL website ahead of time.

No, cannot be purchased online.

Thanks...the person who posted about "Vibe" had a group of 20.

I'm just going with one other person, I'm assuming "non-groups" can buy passes...if we get on early, say 11AM (leaving from NYC on Sunday) would we walk straight to the front desk to buy the Vibe pass...or do we go to Vibe itself to buy the pass? Also, is it still $99 for the week?

I'm assuming "non-groups" can buy passes

Of course.

if we get on early, say 11AM (leaving from NYC on Sunday) would we walk straight to the front desk to buy the Vibe pass...or do we go to Vibe itself to buy the pass? Also, is it still $99 for the week?

For Getaway, go to Guest Services. You probably won't be able to board at 11am. People will be getting there earlier so the sooner, the better if you want an early boarding group.

"Vibe" is a special small area on Deck 17 at the front of the ship for those you like to be in the sun. No kids are allowed up there. It costs about $100 per person per week. Be aware however that the forward elevator ONLY goes to Deck 16 and you have to climb stairs to Deck 17.

There an area at the rear of the ship on Deck 16 Spice H2O, that is kid free from 6 A.M. to 7 P.M. and does not cost extra. Nice bar, two hot tubs, loungers and chairs for sitting in the sun. Great place to watch the sun set.

The photos of the area appear to have umbrellas for shade. The person I'm going with likes to lay outside, but in the shade. Are those umbrellas more "in the brochure" than in "real life"? :-)

The workers in Vibe are extremely accommodating. If you want an umbrella, they will get you one. However, one day, it was too windy for them.

I know this may be a dumb question...but...since I see that Vibe is next to the Haven (although one floor up), are Vibe Pass-holders allowed to use the Haven pool?

You said you were leaving from NYC so I'm assuming you're on the Breakaway.

The Vibe Sundeck is just aft of the Haven sundeck, one deck above the Haven pool. A vibe pass does not allow access to any of the Haven areas. They are just adjacent to each other.

Someone posted the following in a review:

Thanks for any info...and forgive my "newbie-ness". I know a ton about Princess, but this NCL stuff is a mystery to me. :-)

I think this explanation will help clear it up for you.

Vibe on the NCL "Away" class ships is very similar to the sanctuary on Princess ships. Limited seats sold first come, first served. Although, as far as I know you can't get Vibe" Day Passes" like the Sanctuary.

Princess doesn't have anything on any ship that compares to the Haven on NCL ships.

Okay, great. Yeah, I thought it might be similar to the Sanctuary on Princess...but the "Gets sold out fast" aspect of Vibe sort of threw me, since, I always thought you could pretty much always walk up to the Sanctuary and pay to enter for the day...at least it always LOOKED empty. It seems odd that there's nowhere to take a COOL dip in Vibe. I see it has a Hot Tub...but, when in tropical heat (for the few days we are IN it) I would think a way to cool off would be a must for something that calls itself a "Beach Club".

Although...maybe that's not a Hot Tub, but a "Plunge Pool"...hmmmm.

Okay, great. Yeah, I thought it might be similar to the Sanctuary on Princess...but the "Gets sold out fast" aspect of Vibe sort of threw me, since, I always thought you could pretty much always walk up to the Sanctuary and pay to enter for the day...at least it always LOOKED empty. It seems odd that there's nowhere to take a COOL dip in Vibe. I see it has a Hot Tub...but, when in tropical heat (for the few days we are IN it) I would think a way to cool off would be a must for something that calls itself a "Beach Club".

Although...maybe that's not a Hot Tub, but a "Plunge Pool"...hmmmm.

The hot tub was not steaming hot. It felt nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Okay, great. I'll be planning to arrive at the Pier at 11AM...it says on the documents that we should not arrive before then. So, I'm not sure if I'll be in an early enough boarding group to even get passes. But, we shall see.

**Also... where are the passes purchased? Front desk? At Vibe Beach Club itself?**