Will This Work for Port Everglades?

rccampbell

First time cruisers here again :)

Our travel plan in March is to fly into PBI the day before our cruise. Rent a car there, and drive to Port everglades the next morning. Drop off all passengers and luggage at port, drive car to Ft Lauderdale airport car rental, then take shuttle or taxi back to cruise port.

We would then do just the opposite after debarkation flying out of PBI the next day.

This was planned this way because we found good flights to W. Palm Beach and good hotel pricing 1/2 in between during spring break season.

Thanks all!!

First time cruisers here again :)

Our travel plan in March is to fly into PBI the day before our cruise. Rent a car there, and drive to Port everglades the next morning. Drop off all passengers and luggage at port, drive car to Ft Lauderdale airport car rental, then take shuttle or taxi back to cruise port.

We would then do just the opposite after debarkation flying out of PBI the next day.

This was planned this way because we found good flights to W. Palm Beach and good hotel pricing 1/2 in between during spring break season.

Thanks all!!

What rental car company? You could drop it off at locations surrounding Port Everglades unless it's Alamo.

What rental car company? You could drop it off at locations surrounding Port Everglades unless it's Alamo.

Is Alamo the only big rental company that doesn't have a Port Everglades drop off location?

My plan is like OP's and wanting to drop off luggage and passengers first and then return rental. I also booked a vehicle with Alamo.

I just used the Alamo location on Eller Drive this past week.

I was supposed to return my car rental at FLL but when I got there and asked about the shuttle, they told me they no longer have one as they now have a location by the port that has a shuttle (just opened 3 weeks ago). They said we could return our car there so that's what we did. Didn't have any problems doing that and we waited about 10 minutes for the shuttle to the port.

When we returned from the cruise, we got off the ship and walked to the car rental companies pick-up location, and 2 minutes later, an Alamo shuttle showed up.

Once we got to the Eller location, I gave them my reservation number - a reservation I had for FLL, not Eller - and they didn't say anything about my reservation being for a different location. It took about 15 minutes to get a car as they didn't have a full-size one ready.

Everything worked great.

I just used the Alamo location on Eller Drive this past week.

I was supposed to return my car rental at FLL but when I got there and asked about the shuttle, they told me they no longer have one as they now have a location by the port that has a shuttle (just opened 3 weeks ago). They said we could return our car there so that's what we did. Didn't have any problems doing that and we waited about 10 minutes for the shuttle to the port.

When we returned from the cruise, we got off the ship and walked to the car rental companies pick-up location, and 2 minutes later, an Alamo shuttle showed up.

Once we got to the Eller location, I gave them my reservation number - a reservation I had for FLL, not Eller - and they didn't say anything about my reservation being for a different location. It took about 15 minutes to get a car as they didn't have a full-size one ready.

Everything worked great.

Oh this is good news!! Thanks for the update.

Oh this is good news!! Thanks for the update.

You're welcome! We also rented from PBI then drove to Fort Lauderdale, and vice versa when we got back from the cruise, so you will be fine.

We got off the ship early-ish as we did self-assist and got to the Eller location at around 9am. I imagine the wait for a car is longer the later you get there, as they don't have as many cars as the airport location.