Confused on Guarantee

doublebzz

I booked an MX guarantee last April. This was immediately reflected on "My Vacation Summary" as Mini-Suite Stateroom 11002 , Category: MX. My question is: Have I been assigned cabin 11002 or is my assignment still pending?

You have been assigned to 11002.

I booked an MX guarantee last April. This was immediately reflected on "My Vacation Summary" as Mini-Suite Stateroom 11002 , Category: MX. My question is: Have I been assigned cabin 11002 or is my assignment still pending?

It would seem so BUT do you see 11002 on the deck plan?

Maybe 11102 forward?

It would seem so BUT do you see 11002 on the deck plan?

Yes, its the first cabin on Deck 11, starboard side. What is odd is that when I booked this guarantee last April, this cabin appeared immediately - I thought guarantees were assigned close to sail date. Also, I am unable to print the luggage tags.

Yes, its the first cabin on Deck 11, starboard side. What is odd is that when I booked this guarantee last April, this cabin appeared immediately - I thought guarantees were assigned close to sail date. Also, I am unable to print the luggage tags.

Are you sure you booked it as a Guarantee? If so, your confirmation will show GTY-MX. Many people think that MX is a guarantee, but that is not the case...there are actually cabins in the MX category. When those are gone, NCL will offer MX as a guarantee, but being that you booked so early the cabins could have been available.

As for the luggage tags, are you able to print your eDocs? You print the luggage tags from the link within your eDocs.

Sometimes guarantee assignments are made almost immediately... usually to unload the most undesirable cabins in a category on those who paid less to be assigned them.

Are you sure you booked it as a Guarantee? If so, your confirmation will show GTY-MX. Many people think that MX is a guarantee, but that is not the case...there are actually cabins in the MX category. When those are gone, NCL will offer MX as a guarantee, but being that you booked so early the cabins could have been available.

As for the luggage tags, are you able to print your eDocs? You print the luggage tags from the link within your eDocs.

Yes - that's exactly what it shows on my TA confirmation. Yes, I printed my eDocs without problem but when I try to print my luggage tags, it just links me back to the eDocs.

This is your cabin, it's on the right hand side right behind the bridge!

:D

Yes - that's exactly what it shows on my TA confirmation. Yes, I printed my eDocs without problem but when I try to print my luggage tags, it just links me back to the eDocs.

I just checked mine and it is doing the same thing as you describe.

I do know that they are working out some issues with the eDocs as a result of the recent change to the Latitudes program. There are three things you can do:

1- Wait a few days and check it again as I'm sure it will be fixed shortly. :rolleyes:

2- Call NCL Technical Support 866-625-1160

3- You don't "need" preprinted luggage tags, the porters at the port will have blank tags that they can write your cabin number on and attach to your luggage there

Go ahead and try again. I checked mine this morning and it looks like they fixed the luggage tag issue.

That is your assigned cabin. They often assign them immediately upon booking.

BTW I would be making alternative holiday plans as it is not likely the Star will be sailing again that quickly. Major engine issues. Expect to hear more in about 10 days.

That is your assigned cabin. They often assign them immediately upon booking.

BTW I would be making alternative holiday plans as it is not likely the Star will be sailing again that quickly. Major engine issues. Expect to hear more in about 10 days.

At this point, it is clear that NCL should offer refunds given the uncertainly of the sailing. It is hard to make alternative plans when you don't know what the other guy is going to do.