Upgrade cabin without losing perks?

bookitdanno

We have booked an ocean view cabin for a sailing in 2018.

I would like to upgrade to a balcony cabin.

Can this be done as simply as changing rooms within a category, or would I have to cancel and rebook and run the risk of losing my perks?

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately, the answer to this question is "it depends". It depends on available promotions when you change. It depends on the rules for your existing perks. It can even depend on timing.

Did you book with Celebrity or through a TA? Best bet is to just call and get your options. You may be able to keep the perks and transfer the booking to a different category, or it may make sense to book without the perks and buy them back, if possible.

You don't want to cancel and rebook, at least not as a first option. And you may not be able to cancel and immediately rebook for new perks.

• 10 months later...

We upgraded from OV to Veranda 2B for our Silhouette 2019 B2B, we booked to TA, so she do it. We receive the new copy of the guest Invoice all perks remain (prepaid gratuities, OBC and Summer savings). You only pay the difference in cruise rate . For Our March 2018. we upgraded from Inside GTY to Veranda 2C and $40 less.