HELP! Paid in full and now my husband cant go

PippenBooBoo

Is this referring to me "dont take being Independent of NYS as a negative"? I certainly dont, as I said my ds graduated from an Independent private school in NY :)

Now back to the OP :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We live in Pa so none of this really applys. Her school does not participate in PAs standardized testing either.

Like I said I don't anticipate a real problem- she's a model student. She will most def keep up with her work if the trip gets approved.

Thank you for all the suggestions. VERY appreciated.

I had to go through my TA that I booked through and I wish I could post her company because she really went above and beyond on my behalf.

Instead of cancelling and crossing my fingers that we would be compensated by insurance I went the "name change" route instead. My TA had my daughters name added in my husbands place for no additional charge. Now all I have to do is get her school on board with the time off. If I cant do that then I go alone.

Though not ideal (my husband and I were really looking forward to some time alone) Im grateful that it worked out in that we will not have to pay a penalty and I still get to cruise on this fabulous ship. :D

Glad that you had a favorable resolution of your problem. Enjoy the cruise with your daughter!

We live in Pa so none of this really applys. Her school does not participate in PAs standardized testing either.

Like I said I don't anticipate a real problem- she's a model student. She will most def keep up with her work if the trip gets approved.

In the past and in our present, I have always found that truth is always the best way to go.. be honest with her school and you shouldn't have any problems. BUT, if there is, tell them it is a family function and you are going to visit Uncle Beachie!!!!! :cool:

You know what? I am actually jealous of you. I have cruised twice with my husband but never with my daughter. First she was in college and, now that she is married, she isn't interested unless her new husband can come. Alone time with her is hard to come by. Take advantage of your week alone with your daughter. She will be grown and out of your house before you blink next.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Traveling with my daughters and leaving dh at home have been the best trips

I have 4 dds and have done different trips and combos of daughters and never hesitate to plan more

Cruises

Disney

D.C.

Next up...land based Paris Rome and sorrento with # 2 and 4

Wow glad our schools aren't like that! We just tell the school and her teachers that she is going to miss the time. She still has to make up the work of course, and some of them give her the lessons ahead of time, but that's it.

^^THIS. I was going to say the same exact thing! I am surprised to learn that some schools are so strict if the child is doing well in school. I could certainly understand them having a problem with absences if the child were performing poorly though.

This thread has gotten pretty off topic lol. OP, I am happy that it has worked out for you (and hope that you do not have a problem getting her approved to miss school). I have my first mommy/daughter cruise this coming November and I am very much looking forward to it. Happy sailing!

I saw you already got the issue resolved but just wanted to add that we experienced the same situation. My husband got a new job after final payment and didn't want to ask for the time off so soon after starting. NCL was willing to subsitute my college-age daughter at N/C. While I'm sad my husband can't go, I'm thrilled to spend the time with my daughter who lives across the country and I rarely get to see!

This is not correct. You can change the name of one passenger for a small fee. As long as one of the original passengers remains in the room.

You are partly correct, NCL will allow a name change all the way up to 24 hours prior to the sailing with no fee as long as one of the original passengers is still in the cabin. The only problem I have ever encountered was if it was the first passenger name being taken off but that too was fixed. NCL is one of the easier cruise lines to make changes with but one of the originally booked passengers has to always stay on the reservation.

To PippenBooBoo

We had the same thing happen in October for 2 b2b2b cruises. I took my daughter for the first two weeks then my sister for the last two. Norwegian said as long of one of the originally booked people were in the cabin that was fine. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app