Another AIBP question

camper49

This was included in our upcoming Alaska cruise. I assume bottled water is included...but should we plan on pre ordering for our cabin? Can we only get one bottle at a time with AIBP?

What if you like to have a "double" drink? Could you order your drink and then order a "shot"? Is there a drink "limit?"

This was included in our upcoming Alaska cruise. I assume bottled water is included...but should we plan on pre ordering for our cabin? Can we only get one bottle at a time with AIBP?

What if you like to have a "double" drink? Could you order your drink and then order a "shot"? Is there a drink "limit?"

Bottled water is included with the AIBP. There is no reason to pay for more. You can pick up one bottle at a time at any bar. I have not tried asking for two at a time, but you can ask for another one soon after getting the first one, so there should be no problem.

You can order any drink $10 or less. If a double costs more than $10, then you can't order it. But you can order a drink and then order a shot. The waiter may just go ahead and fix you the double - some will; some won't.

There is no limit on the number of drinks. You cannot share with others. If they think you are taking the drinks to someone else, they may stop you or at least ask for an explanation. If you are drinking at a bar, they will stop you only if you are intoxicated. The limit has nothing to do with the AIBP - they would stop you at the same point if you were paying for each drink.

It covers ANY drink $10 and under. No limit. You can get one at a time. If your double pushes the price over $10 you pay the full price of the drink.

You can order a drink and order another after. There is no time limit. Limit is not on quantity, but the retail price of the drink up to $10.

This may be serious...I'm not seeing Southern Comfort shown on any of the beverage lists I have read! Anyone know if they offer (or, forbid not offer) Southern Comfort onboard?!!!

My wife ordered Southern Comfort on Coral Princess. We were in Explorer's at the time. I also have never seen Pernod listed but I have had a Pernod and OJ when cruising.

You may have to determine which bar has the item in question but for something as common as Southern Comfort it ought to be in most places. If you are a regular drinker of the item and it turns out to only be in one bar I would bet they will be willing to just stock a bottle in the other bars for you. Princess seems to be pretty good at trying to make folks happy.

The AIBP spreadsheet lists Southern Comfort. It's actually listed there as being available in MDR. If it's available there you can ask Wheelhouse or Explorer's to keep a bottle on hand for you. As I said above, my wife ordered SoCo in Explorer's.

Revision 2 of the spreadsheet is found in this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43468321&postcount=205

Edited by Thrak

I believe my wife has most of a bottle in the cupboard. Come on by and have a drink. :D

Thanks...while at home we have no problem finding a supply! If we ever cross paths (cruises), would be happy having a toast with you!