Hot chocolate?

Jetlagged787

I don't know about on the Spirit but it has been available on all the NCL ships I have cruised on. In the buffet there are stations where you get tea and coffee; they have sachets of hot chocolate powder there and you make your own to taste. if they are not there, ask.

I just took some of the hot chocolate packets back to the room. Hot water from the coffee maker and double strength with two packets. Good!

Great thought Roger but, being buried in a dark hole down in the bowels of the ship, I doubt that we qualify for a coffee maker! Surely, they're just for the posh folk up top!

Although the hot chocolate in buffet and complimentary room service breakfast was packets, in the MDR at breakfast when we ordered hot chocolate it came pre-made in a carafe.

Now there's an idea. Hot chocolate and brandy for breakfast. The Spanish call it Lumumba and I like one in the evening. I'm adaptable though and hey! It must be bedtime somewhere in the world while we're having brekkie!

Great thought Roger but, being buried in a dark hole down in the bowels of the ship, I doubt that we qualify for a coffee maker! Surely, they're just for the posh folk up top!
Hmm...I think a coffee maker comes with all the cabins.

I do think that this kind of request would be totally inappropriate. In my opinion, it would be putting undue pressure on the steward when it is not part of his/her duties.

Well, I'll have to totally disagree with that. Sure (I say) it's part of his/her duties assisting you with reasonable requests. There are frequently extra coffee makers available in their storage area, or available when someone else has asked to have theirs removed because they don't use one, which also I don't feel is an inappropriate request. It's no pressure at all on him/her. If they don't have one available, they'll tell you. Cabin stewards realize they are the first line point of contact between the guest and the ship (NCL) for many questions, requests.