Promenade room windows

montlee

Can anyone tell me if there is a ledge at the promenade window to put a Christmas tree? Or should I plan on using a suction cup hook for a hanging decoration? I've seen people hanging their towel animals, but don't know how they did it. This is my first promenade room and I love to decorate my cabin for Christmas!

The only ledge that I recall is one that has a cushion on it for sitting. If you didn't want to sit at the window, you could put your tree there. Remember that there may not be a plug near by. I think the hanging decoration sounds easier.

Now, having said the above, there may be a tiny ledge behind the window seat.

Can anyone tell me if there is a ledge at the promenade window to put a Christmas tree? Or should I plan on using a suction cup hook for a hanging decoration? I've seen people hanging their towel animals, but don't know how they did it. This is my first promenade room and I love to decorate my cabin for Christmas!

Haven't personally been on yet,but I have read about this before,No there isn't a ledge.There is a couch under window,maybe you could put the bedside table there to put it on.I suppose the sofas move? Maybe the other pax hung there towel animals from a coathanger off the curtains. Hope this helps.Also from what I've read you need to keep these curtains closed most of ther time,the sheer ones anyway.So won't be able to see your Christmas tree.

There is a ledge but it is very small. We had a PR room on Navigator and there is a small ledge between the window seat cushions and the actual window itself. It is only about 4 inches wide and it's where we stored bottled water that wasn't in the fridge. Likely not enogh room for a tree.

Has anyone had this promenade room? It looks to me on the deck plans that this room is right over the red awning of the Cafe and if so I was wondering if it blocks the view of the parade?

I love the looks of the Promenade rooms, this is my first cruise so I chose this room for the price and view.

You'll be fine. Our room (over the perfume store) had an awning under it too but it was not an issue. If anything, the view of the crowd on your side of the parade will be blocked but the parade itself will be fully visible to you. There are walkways that go over the Promenade and one of them is right next to 6275, but the Parade passes under it. You'll be able to see it well. We watched the first night's parade from our room and then watched the second from down below. We liked it better down below because you could hear and be enthusiastc. The crowd was easier to manage down below for the second parade, too. The first parade was PACKED in the promenade.

Anyhow, your room is better placed because you're not directly across from the pub. We could sometimes hear music. We were in 6275 and it was across the way.

Like you, we had the PR for our first cruise. I think you will love it and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. There seemed to be very few drawers for storage but we found that the closet held an enormous amount. There are shelved in there, too. As the week went on, we found more and more storage in the room. There were cabinets on either side of the bathroom mirror, on either side of the desk mirror in the room, etc. Also, we found that by leaving them open, even our monstrously huge suitcases fit under the bed easily.

One of the best things about the PR room is that you have two sofas. Don't let the pictures fool you, the main sofa in the rooms is only about 4 feet wide. The window seet felt slightly longer and we were able to eat breakfast in our room one day by using the coffee table as a dining table. It was great.

:) Thanks a lot for all the help and info, I think I will be happy, besides, first cruise you have to start somewhere then if not happy I will know better next cruise. I am so excited and looking forward so much to this cruise, its been my life dream and I am 62. Appreciate the info.

We have booked a PR on AOS for July 2, 2006. We have this room on deck 8. I can see that the windows seem to angle out a little at this level, is this to ensure a better view of the promenade?

Our room # is 8305. Is anyone familiar with this room location, would it be more of an advantage to move closer to the middle of the ship/promenade such as room 8287 or 8263? Is there any advantage to being on one side of the promenade or the other? Have gained so much insight from these boards, sometimes I feel like I want to have just the perfect room...

thanks!:)

Iw oudl move to 8287. 8305 Will have views of the long line of people at guest relations who may or may not look all that happy. 8287 is much more in the thick of things and you will have a view of the general store and the pub will be off to the right. I think you will like it better. I think the ideal PR rooms are on 7 so if you can manage that, you might consider it. You are not right above the hoopla but you won't feel as detached from it.

The Bay windows that "lean in" on 8 are so you can see better, I believe.

I had a PR room for my first cruise on RC and in some ways it was roomier than the balcony we had on Jewel. The window seat was wonderful and the design of the room really nice since the bed is closer to closet and bathroom and then we "hung out" by the window seat. The balcony rooms have the bed closer to the balcony so we were always getting in each other's way as everything else was happening so close to the bathroom/closets. By mid cruise I did miss not having a window to see what it was like outside.. especially since we arrived at Windjammer ready to leave for our Grand Cayman excursion only to discover gray skies, high swells and we ended up being unable to tender so we headed straight to Cozumel and another day at see. That's why we went for the balcony on subsequent trips. But having the window view of the promenade was to me better than an inside as at least there was something to look at "outside" of the room.

The only problem I had with PR was not the noise, but we were on the top floor (8th I think it was) and the ceiling lights were sometimes a problem if they weren't turned down - some nites they were turned down after midnite and other nights much later. Even the heavy curtain couldn't block the light.

By mid cruise I did miss not having a window to see what it was like outside..

Bridgecam could have saved you here. I think it is channel 42 on the tv but am unsure of the number. In any event, you can set your tv to this channel and see instantly what the weather is outside. You can also just leave the tv on this channel overnight if you like. That way, as the day dawns, your room would light gradually. Of course, that presumes you're a morning person. Otherwise, just snap it on before you dress for the day.

We booked a promenade view room for the Explorer of the Seas Group Cruise next December and it was totally based on all the great feedback I got here on the boards.. we're in 7309 which is toward the back on deck 7 where these rooms are so I hope we have a great view of the parade etc.. I loved the little sitting area there... and some others from the group are sort of opposite so we will have a view inside the ship and then can enjoy their balcony for a few outside :)

Bridgecam could have saved you here. I think it is channel 42 on the tv but am unsure of the number. In any event, you can set your tv to this channel and see instantly what the weather is outside. You can also just leave the tv on this channel overnight if you like. That way, as the day dawns, your room would light gradually. Of course, that presumes you're a morning person. Otherwise, just snap it on before you dress for the day.

Lee you are a wealth of information!! I can't wait to meet you on our cruise together. Sister has the new Family Promanade and I will be sure to get some photos or crash her cabin if they have the parade. Can you hear through the windows? I was thinking no by the boards but the parade is loud. Anyone?

BonVoyage

Dawna

Host Caroline: We're in 8609 on the Navigator, and from what I can tell it's not going to have much view of the parade, I think we'll be overlooking the circular staircase more than anything. I picked it because I had 7583 last PR view and it was SO loud because of a bandstand almost directly below the window, that I wanted to be OUTSIDE the range of major activity.

Lee you are a wealth of information!! I can't wait to meet you on our cruise together. Sister has the new Family Promanade and I will be sure to get some photos or crash her cabin if they have the parade. Can you hear through the windows? I was thinking no by the boards but the parade is loud. Anyone?

BonVoyage

Dawna

You can hear the parade, although it is muted. There is a rumour that the windows on Freedom will open but I don't belive it. Think of kids dropping or throwing things! The parade was a bt muffled when we had our PR room but we could hear it and the CD perfecty well. In retrospect, we should have turned on RCTV. It might have been simulcast.

The bandstand issue is interesting. We had one opposite our room and it was only used in the day or early evening and only perhaps 4 times during the cruise for about 15 min each. It was a total non-issue for us.

We'll all have to be generous showing the features of our cabin on that cruise. I have the corner aft. I'd love to see a JS.

Archived