Picture-A-Week 2017 - Week 07

pierces

I'm liking this project!

Dave

Thanks Dave. I am having fun with it. New Jersey is famous for its diners. Sometimes I need a little kick in the butt to get out with my camera. This project is giving me that kick.

That's what started me on this Picture-A-Week project. I'm in my sixth year now and have had a lot of fun keeping it going.

Y'know, our area has an awful lot of breweries....

Keep it up! I'm looking forward to the next entry!

Dave

Very wet weather and cold thought I would try something different

A terribull villain

Ol%20Bill.jpg

A Constabull spots villain

plates.jpg

Constabull chases terribull villain

Stop.jpg

Constabull says your nickabull

Nicked.jpg

And the Lawyer says he is not liabull.....

Justice.jpg

Sorry about the bully puns..

Dickie

We went to dinner last night and my wife expressed her disappointment in her meal to our waitress. She had ordered their meatloaf and it tasted more like a plain hamburger than a meatloaf. To the credit of the restaurant they gave us both a free dessert. I think it might be a leftover from Valentine’s Day, LOL. Regardless the dessert was tasty.

2gwgt9k.jpg

Chapter 2 of my photo project: diners of New Jersey. This is the Seville Diner in East Brunswick at twilight.

32535473200_6670ff137e_h.jpg

Nice. Some old style diners out in 22 between WhiteHouse and Clinton you may want to try.

How do you post photos in a forum, is there a file size limitations in this forum? Seems 400k is largest other forums and I can not shrink my photos to fit a post.

Thanks

Nice. Some old style diners out in 22 between WhiteHouse and Clinton you may want to try.

How do you post photos in a forum, is there a file size limitations in this forum? Seems 400k is largest other forums and I can not shrink my photos to fit a post.

Thanks

File size is very limited for a direct upload. Pretty much everything you see here is linked from various share sites like Photobucket, PBase, Flickr, etc.. There's a long-time thread here on the subject with examples and walk-throughs for most, if not all of them.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1714741

Dave

"...you've gotta ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?" You wouldn't normally associate the famed words uttered by Harry Callahan with a lovely fourteen-year-old girl, but the quote was echoing in my mind as I watched her apply a respectably small group to a target with my .44 magnum revolver. We had a fun morning at the range and whether it was a .22 caliber target pistol, a .40 caliber Glock or the Ruger in the picture, she handled them all with a natural skill that was sort of awesome. I was also gratified to find that after several years of just not taking the time to go shooting, it is apparently a skill that doesn’t fade quickly.

Feeling Lucky?

p2211667642-5.jpg

Dave

Our weather has been great and Spring-like here in Central Ohio. Below are some examples of the "photo evidence" from Sunday for the sun and warm weather we have been enjoying. If this is penalty for "climate change", then we in the Midwest have had a great and super mild winter so far.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 171,424 views for this posting.

First, here are two Spring flower examples just east of our patio as to what has happened with our mild winter. Hard to believe this has been happening in mid February in Central Ohio. Plus, here is one of our wild deer checking out our back yard area in our home ravine area.:

DecTravel2016A%20029_zpsp5et6kic.jpg

DecTravel2016A%20028_zpsotazgg0j.jpg

DecTravel2016A%20026_zpsm6duebc3.jpg

Here are our two English Labs enjoying a sunny Sunday afternoon on our brick patio. First is Roxie, nearly 14 years old, female Black Lab with just a little "grey" to show her senior citizen status. Second is Rudy, nearly age 11 now, a male Yellow Lab. Are they cute?:

DecTravel2016A%20030_zpsoofxzcce.jpg

DecTravel2016A%20027_zpsc1tmkmwo.jpg

Birds, dogs, and diners...I like the thread topics so far! ;)

I'll add in some of my birding action from the Florida wetlands, where it's been crazy packed with mating birds and nests lately:

A lovely little male painted bunting, hiding way down in the shadows under long tree branches overhanging the wetlands, at the shore of the marsh taking a little bath:

original.jpg

A biiig (not big, but biiig) alligator, getting some sun and a nap up on the beach of a small marsh island:

original.jpg

This is the mating dance and display of the great egret - those long whispy feathers fan out peacock style, and they stick their heads straight up, then buckle down at the knees to drop down and rise back up again:

original.jpg

A great egret coming back from the near shore with a nice twig to help build his nest:

original.jpg

All these birds hauling twigs - Hah! This great blue heron decided heck with the twigs - why not a whole limb of a tree to make a seriously fortified nest!:

original.jpg