"Laundry special" question

I'm sailing on Rhapsody next week and have a question. I'm thinking of doing the mid week "laundry special" so I don't have to pack quite as much. I know that there is a list of items that they allow in there. If we have shirts that are printed, but are indeed tshirt material...will they accept them as a "tshirt"? Anybody have any experience with this?

I'm sailing on Rhapsody next week and have a question. I'm thinking of doing the mid week "laundry special" so I don't have to pack quite as much. I know that there is a list of items that they allow in there. If we have shirts that are printed, but are indeed tshirt material...will they accept them as a "tshirt"? Anybody have any experience with this?

They have accepted those types of shirts from us.

If it's a T-shirt, it's a T-shirt whether there is printing on it or not. As for Wash and Fold, they'll accept anything. But they simply dump it into a washer and wash it. I had a friend sent his Tux in wash and fold. Needless to say, not highly recommended. They dumped it in with the rest of the stuff and washed it. It shrank.

Point is, they'll wash anything. So be careful. Also you might want to add up the real value. Wash and fold is $35. If you don't have enough t-shirts and underwear, etc. it may be cheaper to send them at regular pricing.

We are D+ so we get a free wash and fold. I wait until about mid cruise then send my whites. Takes 2 days so plan accordingly. I do include t-shirts with print on them (workout shirts).

Also be careful because I did this for my son because he goes through so many shorts and tshirts and they didn't return the laundry until Friday, so he didn't have enough clothes from Tuesday to Friday. It really only makes sense if you want to go home with clean clothes, not be able to rewear them.

If it's a T-shirt, it's a T-shirt whether there is printing on it or not. As for Wash and Fold, they'll accept anything. But they simply dump it into a washer and wash it. I had a friend sent his Tux in wash and fold. Needless to say, not highly recommended. They dumped it in with the rest of the stuff and washed it. It shrank.

Point is, they'll wash anything. So be careful. Also you might want to add up the real value. Wash and fold is $35. If you don't have enough t-shirts and underwear, etc. it may be cheaper to send them at regular pricing.

We are D+ so we get a free wash and fold. I wait until about mid cruise then send my whites. Takes 2 days so plan accordingly. I do include t-shirts with print on them (workout shirts).

Turnaround time depends.

On the Grandeur this month and the Anthem last month, I got mine back in 24 hours.

Also be careful because I did this for my son because he goes through so many shorts and tshirts and they didn't return the laundry until Friday, so he didn't have enough clothes from Tuesday to Friday. It really only makes sense if you want to go home with clean clothes, not be able to rewear them.
It's useful if you're doing a back-to-back; not so useful for a one-week cruise ... you'll get your clothes back just in time to wear your embarkation outfit for your return home trip. Of course, if you pay full price, you'll get your things back more quickly.

I wear lots of thin, gauzy tops, and I like to wash them in the sink. Takes minutes and they dry quickly

Thanks for all the info! I wear a lot of capri pants, so that may be something to add there. I have done this wash and fold before and we got it back in 24hrs. If I can add the capris to the tshirts and we have three passengers in our cabin this time, it may be something we take advantage off. I know better than sending things that are not durable or are embellished in any way! Thanks again!

True story, happened to us also. The "stuff a bag" deal has a time frame and if you don't get it in on time you might not see your stuff until the last day. In fact all the laundry has a time frame unless you want to pay for rush service make sure to get it sent off early.