Eurodam Questions

KruzPrincess

Hello.

I am looking at going on the Eurodam to Alaska this year. I've always thought she looked like a beautiful ship from pictures. I hope you can help me with a couple questions.

1) My travel agent tentatively booked a Category L cabin (L6163). This is an inside cabin. When I look at the HAL site, it shows a floor plan with a corner couch. Then, when I click on the camera for a rotating picture of the cabin I see a smaller cabin with no couch. It has a chair with a tiny table. I've looked at different online sites and they show pictures with a corner couch. Then, I saw a video on YouTube of an inside cabin with no couch. I have back problems, so it's nice to have a couch to sit on rather than reclining on the bed. I can go either way if need be, but I'd like to know what I'm getting. No surprises. Does anyone know for sure what these cabins look like? Any pictures?

2) My only other question is that I'm wondering about the general condition and service on the Eurodam? Have you had a good cruise on her recently? I'm pretty easy to please.

Thanks.

I am not able to answer the question about an inside cabin, but know there are lots of folks who can.

We just got off the Eurodam and it was a great experience. The crew is warm and friendly and the ship is in great shape. The Tamarind restaurant is a great value, so hopefully you book at least one diner there.

Alaska is a great cruise, we have been a number of times and have enjoyed it every time.

Be sure to pack for sunny weather (t-shirts, sunglasses) and for cold weather (hats, gloves, warm coat). You are likely to experience all types of weather. Last May, in Juneau, it was in the 70s and Glacier Bay was in the 30s all during the same week.

Have a great cruise.

The L-category cabin is tiny, with barely enough room to change your mind.

The inside cabins on Main Deck (J- & K-categories) do have the corner couches. Those are the huge inside cabins. The I-cabins on an upper deck may also have them (I've not been inside those).

I am not able to answer the question about an inside cabin, but know there are lots of folks who can.

We just got off the Eurodam and it was a great experience. The crew is warm and friendly and the ship is in great shape. The Tamarind restaurant is a great value, so hopefully you book at least one diner there.

Alaska is a great cruise, we have been a number of times and have enjoyed it every time.

Be sure to pack for sunny weather (t-shirts, sunglasses) and for cold weather (hats, gloves, warm coat). You are likely to experience all types of weather. Last May, in Juneau, it was in the 70s and Glacier Bay was in the 30s all during the same week.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks for responding. I have been to Alaska three times, but never in May. I knew it could be chilly. I'll pack accordingly. I'm happy to hear everything was in great condition. I've always had good staff on HAL. Good news!

The L-category cabin is tiny, with barely enough room to change your mind.

The inside cabins on Main Deck (J- & K-categories) do have the corner couches. Those are the huge inside cabins. The I-cabins on an upper deck may also have them (I've not been inside those).

Thank you. This is exactly what I wanted to know. I will be upgrading to a J or K. It will be worth the money to me. I appreciate your help. I knew I'd get the answer I needed. :)

Thank you. This is exactly what I wanted to know. I will be upgrading to a J or K.

Just remember, it is the cabins on Main Deck that are the very large ones. The J- & K-cabins on other decks are not as large.

A J/K by any other deck is not the same.