Ocean Medallion

MsMot

What personal information would they get with this that they dont already have?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

The only information on the medallion is an ID number that has no other meaning - effectively the same as the folio number on your card. That ID number is specific to you and the particular sailing.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

Actually if you read the article it's about Carnival Corp.'s Regal Princess. With a targeted roll out some time in 2018.

Personally I can not see Carnival Corp. retrofitting over 100 vessels in the space of just a few years. Look at how long it is taking them to implement just the 2.0 Fun features and install the Hub app repeaters to the 24 current CCL ships.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

Disney did it in pretty short order. And for the most part there it works wonderfully.

The only information on the medallion is an ID number that has no other meaning - effectively the same as the folio number on your card. That ID number is specific to you and the particular sailing.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

Yeah it looks to be alot like what Disney has. The rfid says it me the pin code says yes charge him for what he ordered or open the door. I dont see the big deal.

Yeah it looks to be alot like what Disney has. The rfid says it me the pin code says yes charge him for what he ordered or open the door. I dont see the big deal.

It is not a big "deal", but in allows them (the them is Disney, or Royal, or Carnival) to track your location at all times wherever you are on the ship. I prefer them not to know how and where I spend my time on vacation down to spending 13.5 minutes in the bathroom every day, or why chairs I sit by the pool at, or how long I stand at railing watching the sunset.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is not a big "deal", but in allows them (the them is Disney, or Royal, or Carnival) to track your location at all times wherever you are on the ship. I prefer them not to know how and where I spend my time on vacation down to spending 13.5 minutes in the bathroom every day, or why chairs I sit by the pool at, or how long I stand at railing watching the sunset.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The ships and Disney parks are loaded with camera trust me they already know. Maybe not down to the second but...