Mt Roberts Tram "All Day Pass"?

TheAccidentalCruiser

Was just looking at the website for the Mt Roberts Tramway

, and it says "Price provides an all-day pass up and down the mountain."

Does that mean as many rides up and down as a person wants to take (and is willing to stand in line for)? I'll be doing the tramway with my 87-yo mom who has lots of mobility issues, but would probably love to spend the whole afternoon just riding on the tram if she could (& I'd love it too).

Thanks for your replies. :)

We will certainly enjoy the shop and exhibits, etc., at the top, and probably explore the nature trails if the weather isn't especially bad. But I suspect we'll think that at least half the fun was getting there.

I guess not everybody would really enjoy just being on the tram, in the sky, in whatever mist and clouds and rain there might be, studying the machinery and feeling the lurches and sways, and looking out and down and around and all over everywhere. But that's good, because if everyone were like that, there'd be less room for nutty people like me & Mom. :)

Thanks for your replies. :)

I guess not everybody would really enjoy just being on the tram, in the sky, in whatever mist and clouds and rain there might be, studying the machinery and feeling the lurches and sways, and looking out and down and around and all over everywhere. But that's good, because if everyone were like that, there'd be less room for nutty people like me & Mom. :)

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I bet my 8.5 year old will love the tram too. I'll indulge him, Juneau is one of our chill days. Our only other idea beyond the tram is a return trip to Mendenhall for a Deja Vu photo & maybe a longer hike.

On his first cruise all he wanted to do was ride up & down the glass elevator.;)

On his first cruise all he wanted to do was ride up & down the glass elevator.;)
We arrive in Juneau after a Sea Day, a lot of which Mom & I may have spent doing just that. :)

Not sure what it means that I share so much of the 8.5 yo mentality. ;) Although, after riding the tram and seeing the doggie (Patsy Ann), the Miner Guy (Hard Rock Miner) and the Bear (Windfall Fisherman); I do to hope pull on my Big-Girl Tourist Pants & hit the Juneau-Douglas Museum, the Post Office (to mail home souvenirs plus whatever it turns out I shouldn't have bothered packing), and the library (free wifi).

(Unless I decide it's nap time.)

(Which is certainly well outside the 8.5-yo mentality. :cool: )

I bought our tickets through our cruise line when I booked our cruise. We were fortunate that the weather was sunny and mild when we docked so we took our tram ride in the morning. However, if the weather had been foggy, we had planned to do the tram ride later in the day. It was enjoyable and I'm glad we had the opportunity to do it. In retrospect, we had more than enough time left over that we could have taken an afternoon excursion as well.

You might enjoy seeing the pictures my wife took of our tram ride excursion and posted on her website at the link below.

Mt. Roberts Tram Ride

Alaska is amazing! Have a wonderful cruise!

You might enjoy seeing the pictures my wife took of our tram ride excursion and posted on her website at the link below.

Mt. Roberts Tram Ride

Thanks so much, Jim. And what a great photoset (who is that very photogenic fellow? ;) )

Thanks so much for your good wishes, too. I sincerely hope you enjoy your own next cruise, as well as the times before and after!

I bought our tickets through our cruise line when I booked our cruise. We were fortunate that the weather was sunny and mild when we docked so we took our tram ride in the morning. However, if the weather had been foggy, we had planned to do the tram ride later in the day. It was enjoyable and I'm glad we had the opportunity to do it. In retrospect, we had more than enough time left over that we could have taken an afternoon excursion as well.

Mt. Roberts Tram Ride

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Mt. Roberts Tram Ride

Thanks for sharing those pics. Due to a long excursion, we didn't make Mt. Roberts tram last trip. It's going to be on our to-do list this trip for sure.

Yes, you can ride it up and down and up and down--though the lines might get in the way of such a plan.

Thanks. That's just what I was wondering about.

Yeah, I thought that lines would have to be the limiting factor. (Although maybe we'll be lucky and Mt Roberts will be socked in with fog, and Mom & I can soar up and down through the mists while everyone else has the good sense to go do something else. :cool: )

If you have no other excursions booked, go first thing. We walked right on. We also purchased the ticket on the ship - on our ship same price and you could return it for credit if you didn't use it. When we came down the line was LONG.

Then later in the day after our excursion we went again. And again at that time, no lines. We were late in the year and the shop had nice prices - reason for second trip.

If you have no other excursions booked, go first thing. We walked right on. We also purchased the ticket on the ship - on our ship same price and you could return it for credit if you didn't use it. When we came down the line was LONG.

Then later in the day after our excursion we went again. And again at that time, no lines. We were late in the year and the shop had nice prices - reason for second trip.

Thanks. We are planning to go as soon as possible after our ship docks at 1pm, but if the lines are too long (we will be the third cruise ship into Juneau that day), it sounds like we could make a strategic retreat and try again later.