Le Havre to Paris Shore Excursion

Wonder4

There are riots in Paris at present. A tourist bus was attacked the other day. It might blow over quickly, who knows?

Keep an eye on the news, particularly European sites and blogs. A lot of this sort of thing is under-reported.

Paris is a lovely place to visit but that bus ride is too long for me. We went to Honfleur and loved it.

Edited by Host Bonjour

There are riots in Paris at present. A tourist bus was attacked the other day. It might blow over quickly, who knows?

Keep an eye on the news, particularly European sites and blogs. A lot of this sort of thing is under-reported.

Paris is a lovely place to visit but that bus ride is too long for me. We went to Honfleur and loved it.

Just to clarify a bit - they're more like protests, I have a journalist friend in Paris that is covering them as they happen. The protest or "demo" as the French refer to them, are localized and not generally (so far) in any main tourist areas - I saw live video where he was covering today. At Notre Dame, all was well. Where the demo was, the area was further away from the "center" had fewer people than the Bobigny demo (which was in the banlieu - Paris suburbs) and was immensely secure with police who used every tactic (smoke grenades etc) available to control and disperse the "small" crowds that I saw.

The protests have nothing to do with labor or work stoppages - it's for reasons not unlike issues happening in the US (not politics) and around the world.

Just wanted to help further clarify and calm anyone visiting - these are issues that can occur in any city of the world. As always, maintain your own safety/security but do enjoy your visit!! :)