S-class forward angled cabins on hump

cheffip

I did a search on the sticky and found some conflicting info so thought I would ask here :)

I have a chance to upgrade to 9192 on Silhouette which is an angled forward looking cabin with the slightly larger balcony that comes with the angle.

Questions:

Is wind an issue on this or similar forward facing hump cabins?

How about noise with the proximity to the elevators and staircase?

On the Silhouette, 9192 is looking backward and is protected from the wind. Are you sure about the number?

We stayed in cabins on the slant of the hump, looking either forward or backward on the Equinox (similar to Silhouette) and we didn't find the wind was an issue.

We didn't hear any noise from the elevators or the stairs. The only source of noise might be the closet used by the room attendants that was contiguous to our cabin 9292 but its very minor as compared to the advantage of the very large balcony. Because these balconies are very deep, most of the time, the portion of the balcony close to the window is in the shade (good for me) and the portion close to the rail is under the sun (perfect for my wife)!

Thanks Vivi9909. My mistake, it is rear facing. I re-read the two reviews and both referred to the closet which must be similar to the one you referred to for 9292. Interesting - one saying it was very noisy in the morning, the other saying they barely noticed it.

It is a forward , as opposed to mid or aft cabin.

I have read slightly conflicting reports regarding the size of the slant balconies -- are some larger than others or are they all much bigger than the standard balcony?

We had a similar cabin this summer.

The balcony was HUGE. I'd highly recommend it.

Wind is not an issue. as soon as you step back from the railing, the wind is gone since it's blocked by the forward partition.

We had a similar cabin this summer.

The balcony was HUGE. I'd highly recommend it.

Wind is not an issue. as soon as you step back from the railing, the wind is gone since it's blocked by the forward partition.

In cases where there are 4 cabins on the angled part of the hump, the first (just next to the flat part of the hump) and the third balconies are the largest, with the 2nd and 4th not being quite as large - but still larger than a standard balcony.

Here is a picture that might help...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=znsac8&s=6#.WKXh9WU79ng

How about noise with the proximity to the elevators and staircase?

We have had more noise from people walking the hall way when in a cabin on the flat. ( Deck 11 in an Aqua2 )The most quiet cabins ever, were ones on the angle, which is when people first get off the elevators, where the dividing wall is that separates the entrance from the hall way.

We have been on 8 & 9 hump angle, and are on 7 in November.

It is a forward , as opposed to mid or aft cabin.

I have read slightly conflicting reports regarding the size of the slant balconies -- are some larger than others or are they all much bigger than the standard balcony?

Some are approximately triple the size of a normal balcony and some approximately double the size of a normal balcony.

W e have been close to the cabinet and it never bothered us; however, we are up and about early, along with not being very light sleepers. We stayed in 1243 with a huge balcony and 1245, where the balcony is a little smaller. Both are on the slant of the hump and on deck 10. Also both were great IMHO...you should be fine! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone. I'm now looking at a 1A - 7260 - which would be the second furthest forward of the angled balconies on deck 7 just in front of the rear elevators. Reviews sound good and better than 7258 because the bed apparently is not beside the balcony and it would appear that wind and noise wouldn't be an issue. Actually all four starboard angled cabins 7258,60,62 and 64 are available if anyone has something to add about the merits of each?

Edited by cheffip

Thanks everyone. I'm now looking at a 1A - 7260 - which would be the second furthest forward of the angled balconies on deck 7 just in front of the rear elevators. Reviews sound good and better than 7258 because the bed apparently is not beside the balcony and it would appear that wind and noise wouldn't be an issue. Actually all four starboard angled cabins 7258,60,62 and 64 are available if anyone has something to add about the merits of each?

7260 and 7264 are the larger balconies - I'd pick one of those two. (And both have bed by the balcony if that makes a difference.)