Buenos Aires Tango Show

Bocagirl1

Has anyone taken the Princess excursion to the Buenos Aires Tango Show and if so would you recommend it?

Thanks

I definitely would! We were on the Crown in late January/early February and took this excursion that also included a City Tour of Buenos Aires. The meal (choice of steak, fish and chicken - I had a very good steak) was great and the entertainment was fantastic! The show was about 1.5 hours long. We went to a place called La Venata (I hope I got the spelling right). I'm not sure if all future tours will go there, but I don't see why not. It's a large place with a very efficient waitstaff. Very good value for the money!

Arlene

I have not taken the Princess cruises one but I have taken one by a private operator and used the booking service Viator to make the booking. This was a pre-cruise activity before I boarded Golden Princess in 2014. I really enjoyed that type of show and it was a good way to start the cruise.

As I see it you have several options. You can either book the ships tour or if you are arriving to start a cruise or end a cruise you can use a private operator or lastly you can do all the hard work and book yourself into one privately.

I would imagine the only difference is price as they would all be the same show if not the same venue.

We went to the night La ventata show on a precruise stay. We enjoyed it with the caveat it was a very long evening. Tango shows pick up guests at local hotels, 7pm ish. The show started after ten. The steaks were good but not great.

Nearly every one visiting BA attends a tango show. If Princess has an earlier seating and show I would book it.