Which Royal Caribbean ship is this?

ashoor

About a year ago (Feb 8, 2016 to be exact) I created a custom background wallpaper for my work laptop. It is supposed to be a motivational one, with pictures of things I like (one of which is a RC cruise ship)

3 days ago (almost a year to the date) I booked a cruise on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas. It just hit me today, damn it, this is the same ship I have had in my background and have been looking at (subconsciously at least) almost daily. This was my wallpaper image for about a few months (Feb to late 2016) but ended up replacing it with something else.

I was just organizing some files on my laptop and came across this wallpaper image again and was shocked to realize I may have booked on the same cruise that I set as my background wallpaper. Ok, it is not like I didn't know about RC or its famous big ship. But the point is, I hadn't even thought of this specific ship lately until two weeks ago, and in fact, I was thinking of booking on other less expensive cruise companies and ships, but still ended up with the one that was on my wallpaper. The power of the subconscious mind, eh.... :confused:

So anyone know if the ship in this picture is the Allure or Oasis of the Seas? I think only the engineers and designers who built these two ships can tell the difference, at least from this angle and with limited extra information :)

WHICH_SHIP_IS_THIS.JPG

Edited by ashoor

This image shows up in the first few rows of google images for Oasis.It does not show up for Allure... so I think it's Oasis

(zooming in to the image the name of the ship on the stern is too pixelized)

I also think it's Oasis, as the most forward lifeboat is in a different position between the ships. They put in a wave breaker and moved the first lifeboats aft on Allure.

Hmmm.... that's not the same picture as OPs. Slightly different angle.

check out very left 4th row google images

https://www.google.ca/search?q=oasis+of+the+seas&rlz=1C1RNVH_enCA559CA585&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=745&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsrv3Pv5XSAhUR62MKHdVUBccQ_AUIBigB

and now your photo only on Allure of the seas google images, 4th row 2nd from left

https://www.google.ca/search?q=oasis+of+the+seas&rlz=1C1RNVH_enCA559CA585&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=745&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsrv3Pv5XSAhUR62MKHdVUBccQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=allure+of+the+seas

The name "allure" is very clear on your photo. On OPs photo, the name at the stern is really compact and looks way more like Oasis. Who knows... photo shop can do wonderful things :confused:

Changed my mind, Found this photo of Allure elsewhere, which looks like the same exact photo as the OP posted:

Allure%20of%20the%20Seas.jpg

I booked a cruise on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas. It just hit me today, damn it, this is the same ship I have had in my background and have been looking at (subconsciously at least) almost daily. This was my wallpaper image for about a few months (Feb to late 2016) but ended up replacing it with something else.

I found this picture online recently and am using it as my desktop wallpaper until my April cruise on Allure. Not sure of your itinerary, but ours includes Labadee (which is where this photo is from).

The_Allure_of_the_Seas_2012.jpg

https://www.google.ca/search?q=oasis+of+the+seas&rlz=1C1RNVH_enCA559CA585&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=745&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsrv3Pv5XSAhUR62MKHdVUBccQ_AUIBigB

and now your photo only on Allure of the seas google images, 4th row 2nd from left

https://www.google.ca/search?q=oasis+of+the+seas&rlz=1C1RNVH_enCA559CA585&espv=2&biw=1600&bih=745&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjsrv3Pv5XSAhUR62MKHdVUBccQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=allure+of+the+seas

The name "allure" is very clear on your photo. On OPs photo, the name at the stern is really compact and looks way more like Oasis. Who knows... photo shop can do wonderful things :confused:

we are overanalyzing this picture now :D

Actually, if you compare the two pictures, even waves in the sea that the ship is generating look exactly the same. Not sure why would anyone photoshop a photo to make a ship that is 'Allure of the Seas' into 'Oasis of the Seas' :D

I noticed the difference in the angle but maybe same photo just adjusted or same photographer but diff photo in sequence? The reason I say this is if you look at the wake, they are exactly the same. How on earth would the waves be exactly the same if they were different ships?

I found this picture online recently and am using it as my desktop wallpaper until my April cruise on Allure. Not sure of your itinerary, but ours includes Labadee (which is where this photo is from).

The_Allure_of_the_Seas_2012.jpg

We sailed on her back in 2013 and got the most awesome pic while we were docked in Labadee. I used it for the cover of our Shutterfly vacation book I always make after every cruise. I'm proud to say that my 19 y/o (at the time) daughter took it!!! We LOVE the Allure and can't wait to cruise her again in May!!

15wxao1.jpg

About a year ago (Feb 8, 2016 to be exact) I created a custom background wallpaper for my work laptop. It is supposed to be a motivational one, with pictures of things I like (one of which is a RC cruise ship)

3 days ago (almost a year to the date) I booked a cruise on Royal Caribbean's Allure of the Seas. It just hit me today, damn it, this is the same ship I have had in my background and have been looking at (subconsciously at least) almost daily. This was my wallpaper image for about a few months (Feb to late 2016) but ended up replacing it with something else.

I was just organizing some files on my laptop and came across this wallpaper image again and was shocked to realize I may have booked on the same cruise that I set as my background wallpaper. Ok, it is not like I didn't know about RC or its famous big ship. But the point is, I hadn't even thought of this specific ship lately until two weeks ago, and in fact, I was thinking of booking on other less expensive cruise companies and ships, but still ended up with the one that was on my wallpaper. The power of the subconscious mind, eh.... :confused:

So anyone know if the ship in this picture is the Allure or Oasis of the Seas? I think only the engineers and designers who built these two ships can tell the difference, at least from this angle and with limited extra information :)

WHICH_SHIP_IS_THIS.JPG

You would have to post a higher resolution picture and then many of us could tell you for sure. The first obvious would be the name at the back, I'm not sure if I am seeing things or not, but I think I see red where the top of the bar would be before you go into the Aqua theater. That bar was red on one ship and blue on the other, my brain is to fried to remember which is which or if I'm really seeing red there.

The OP's photo is different to the others, the wake on the bottom right hand corner is different if you look closely, the other two appear to have been photoshopped by RC and used for both Oasis and Allure. The OP's photo showed up in one of my searches as being of Oasis. I'd venture to say that these are just different frames from the same shoot, which is why the main wave pattern to the left looks the same in all the shots but is different in the bottom right corner. Since Oasis was the first, they probably just reused the shots.

One way to tell these two ships apart is their color - Oasis is light blue on the lower part and Allure is white. That being said - it is very hard to tell what the color is on the OP picture but my guess would be light blue. Therefore, I think it is the Oasis.

I noticed the difference in the angle but maybe same photo just adjusted or same photographer but diff photo in sequence? The reason I say this is if you look at the wake, they are exactly the same. How on earth would the waves be exactly the same if they were different ships?

re waves... Could be... unless it's photoshopped!

Anyhow, I'm 99.9% sure it's Oasis now.

Oasis has one lifeboat (after the 1st 4 and space) starting from the bow

Allure has two lifeboats (after the 1st 4 and space) :)

Oasis top left, Allure middle, Harmony at bottom

low_1478553121_3SistersFL2016-224R_zpscxks2msw.jpg

re waves... Could be... unless it's photoshopped!

Anyhow, I'm 99.9% sure it's Oasis now.

Oasis has one lifeboat (after the 1st 4 and space) starting from the bow

Allure has two lifeboats (after the 1st 4 and space) :)

Oasis top left, Allure middle, Harmony at bottom

low_1478553121_3SistersFL2016-224R_zpscxks2msw.jpg

I do believe you're right on both counts. I think it had to be photoshopped (Bob's pic has the actual "Allure of the Seas" on the back of the ship and mine does not...like they colored over it in white) AND I think the lifeboats are the proof!!

If you look at the photo of Allure docked at Labadee, you will see the two lifeboats in the center of the ship, all the other photos show 1 lifeboat in the center, so I think all the others are Oasis, even the one that seems to be Harmony, I haven't seen Harmony in person, but cannot believe that they would go backwards in design and have the extra lifeboat in the front, like Oasis has, so that it could get damaged like Oasis did. I think photoshop is alive and well in this thread

Looks like the same photo that's now been photoshopped to look like Harmony.

Yep, definitely photoshopped. Here's Harmony in St Martin, same angle

P1101204_zpsrooknsd4.jpg

And here's Oasis in Cozumel when I was on her (note the one life boat)

DSC02304_zpsvsba0p7b.jpg

And here's Allure from Cheapo dad's review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2146596&highlight=allure

Allure and Harmony have two life boats... Oasis only has one after the space :D

We sailed on her back in 2013 and got the most awesome pic while we were docked in Labadee. I used it for the cover of our Shutterfly vacation book I always make after every cruise. I'm proud to say that my 19 y/o (at the time) daughter took it!!! We LOVE the Allure and can't wait to cruise her again in May!!

15wxao1.jpg

We all have the same idea. I took this photo during my Labadee visit and have used it as my wallpaper for many years now.

4C75FD1B-A59A-4F7C-A747-85F03CAD35C5_zpsnmsooqtq.jpg