New to royal. Sailing 4/30 allure. Some questions.

miyanc

Thanks in advance.

OK so I just booked today and as I said I am new to rccl, but this is my 8th cruise. NCL, celebrity and carnival so far.

OK so I just read someone said the internet is 30% off if you prebook, so is $11 the discounted price or am I not seeing the 30%?

My wife is a diet cokaholic so the $8 a day for the soda per day is a done deal. I do not drink any soda but I do drink coffee. Lots of coffee. We both drink bottled water. I wish they had a separate type of pass for coffee/ water even if it was 18 a day. I see the 31 for 15 coffee drinks. My question is is it feasable for me to let her get the 26 and just order me the coffee? If not the 31 will do.

Do they allow a hydro flasks? Me and my wife use them and we don't drink alcohol so it's a water thing.

How many comedians are there? Usually u get 2 and they each maybe do a clean and dirty act. I see 2 spots for comedians one only day 7 at one time and the other 3 days a few times. I am late to the game so some of that could be sold out. How does this work?

I am sure I have more questions, but that will do for now. Thanks again.

It's actually 11.99 so usually it's 15 or so? Do we know how long it will be such?

So if it's the same comedian doesn't the 1 and 2 slot mean clean or dirty? Why the 2 spots with times and days. Why not one slot with all options?

There is usually a comedian as part of general theater entertainment. Cruise compass will indicate if the show is recommended for families; more adult show is usually later in the evening. This is in the main theater.

If you are referring to the comedy club, this is a much smaller location, and you need to make a reservation. Definitely adult comedy. I believe the age is 18 and over. There are usually two comedians, but the same show at more than one time throughout the week. Usually 2-3 shows per night.

There is usually a comedian as part of general theater entertainment. Cruise compass will indicate if the show is recommended for families; more adult show is usually later in the evening. This is in the main theater.

If you are referring to the comedy club, this is a much smaller location, and you need to make a reservation. Definitely adult comedy. I believe the age is 18 and over. There are usually two comedians, but the same show at more than one time throughout the week. Usually 2-3 shows per night.

I see that now. Someone posted the entertainment sheet. The amber theater is probably the clean stuff.

Still not sure how to plan the comedians. Even if there are 2 do they do the same set all week? Even if they do how do I know if I pick 2 time of 2 days that I even booking different comedian?

Not sure what a hydro flask is, but you can fill any type of sports bottle/flask with water, flavored water, lemonade, etc. at no charge. You are asked to use a glass and pour into your personal container and not put the container up to the sprocket.

Ship's water is fine to drink. You can purchase bottled water - not sure of price, but it's expensive.

Coffee is no charge at numerous locations, unless you want specialty coffees, lattes, etc.

Your wife's soda package is $8.50 plus 18% gratuity. This is for fountain soda or freestyle machines; not canned.

I see that now. Someone posted the entertainment sheet. The amber theater is probably the clean stuff.

Still not sure how to plan the comedians. Even if there are 2 do they do the same set all week? Even if they do how do I know if I pick 2 time of 2 days that I even booking different comedian?[/quot

Any time I have been to the comedy club on the Allure or Oasis there has been two comedians per show.

It's live comedy therefore some of their material may differ from show-to-show, but basically the same show. Example - may pick on audience member up front for their dress, home country, etc., might vary with the next show, but same basic material.

Comedy club is a small location. You need to make a reservation and show up 10 minutes or so before the start of the show. They begin letting people in from the waiting line 10 minutes or so before the start of show.

Same thing with all the shows. You are not reserving a specific seat - just entry to the location. Can be a waiting line that will be opened 10 minutes before show.

That was not our experience on the Allure this past November.

November 2015 on the Oasis we had 2.

Bill

Bill

On Oasis there were the same 2 comedians for the entire week. In the comedy club the 2 comedians performed what we were told was essentially the same show each night, they each do a set during the same show. On the final night the 2 comedians performed in the big show room. That show was different. You need to book 1 show in the comedy club and attend the show in the main show room.

Still not sure how to plan the comedians. Even if there are 2 do they do the same set all week? Even if they do how do I know if I pick 2 time of 2 days that I even booking different comedian?

Not sure what a hydro flask is, but you can fill any type of sports bottle/flask with water, flavored water, lemonade, etc. at no charge. You are asked to use a glass and pour into your personal container and not put the container up to the sprocket.

Ship's water is fine to drink. You can purchase bottled water - not sure of price, but it's expensive.

Coffee is no charge at numerous locations, unless you want specialty coffees, lattes, etc.

Your wife's soda package is $8.50 plus 18% gratuity. This is for fountain soda or freestyle machines; not canned.

hydro flask is like a thermos or yeti. vacuum sealed tube. keeps stuff ice cold for 24 hours. we never had any issues on carnival but i get nervous taking 2 $50 items up to the gate and being told to throw it out.

yes i meant special coffees. i like esspresso/latte/cap. 15 is 2 a day so that may be fine.

On Oasis there were the same 2 comedians for the entire week. In the comedy club the 2 comedians performed what we were told was essentially the same show each night, they each do a set during the same show. On the final night the 2 comedians performed in the big show room. That show was different. You need to book 1 show in the comedy club and attend the show in the main show room.

thanks this is the breakdown that makes sense. its the same as what i have seen just a different schedule. on carnival they would have each comedian on certain days. if the set was 8-9 ish it was family friendly. or 10-12 not so. 1 hour set. on a 7 day you would maybe get the same set more then once.

hydro flask is like a thermos or yeti. vacuum sealed tube. keeps stuff ice cold for 24 hours. we never had any issues on carnival but i get nervous taking 2 $50 items up to the gate and being told to throw it out.

yes i meant special coffees. i like esspresso/latte/cap. 15 is 2 a day so that may be fine.

You won't have any trouble bringing on board. Long list of disallowed items is more of a safety/electrical nature. Even then they tag and hold and you can pick up at disembarkation. I am thinking things like irons.

You won't have any trouble bringing on board. Long list of disallowed items is more of a safety/electrical nature. Even then they tag and hold and you can pick up at disembarkation. I am thinking things like irons.

we had issues once with a small multi-tool. I have been carrying it with me almost everywhere including on my many cruises. think swiss army pocket knife. scissors, tooth pic, tweezers, file. about the size of a book of matches. it was my dads and we went to board at port Canaveral for carnival liberty and the agent would not allow it. I was even able to pull up the carnival website that said it was ok. he almost was making me throw it out or walk back to the car (very far but would have done it) then he noticed my police id and was willing to put it soemwhere until i returned. not something I would want to do again and I will not be bringing it for the same reasons. thanks for the info.

It's actually 11.99 so usually it's 15 or so? Do we know how long it will be such?

The Stream package is $18 on board and has been that way since VOOM was modified last May with the two tiers of service.The $12 price in the planner has been that way for just about as long.There have been sales to further discount the $12 price, most recently two weeks ago (it lasted a few days).

The Stream package is $18 on board and has been that way since VOOM was modified last May with the two tiers of service.The $12 price in the planner has been that way for just about as long.There have been sales to further discount the $12 price, most recently two weeks ago (it lasted a few days).

Yes to add to my already overpowering ocd for vacations I now need to keep checking the cruise planner and these forums to grab discounts when available.