Electronic Copy Sea Pass bill received

molly361

Just off the BR yesterday and this morning we received an electronic copy of our Sea Pass bill. Must be something new as we did not get one on our last cruise in December

And on it was the dreaded mini bar charge that we did not make!!! :eek:

Just off the BR yesterday and this morning we received an electronic copy of our Sea Pass bill. Must be something new as we did not get one on our last cruise in December

And on it was the dreaded mini bar charge that we did not make!!! :eek:

We were B2B on Oasis 22 & 29 Jan and did not get electronic copies of our Sea Pass bills. But your posting did make me go on-line and check my credit card charges. Yep, there was $6.16 MORE than our Final Bill for the first week:mad:. I just spent 20 minutes of my time and RCI's time on the phone getting this "mini-bar charge" refunded. RCI certainly loses money on wasted effort when people catch this, but presumably this is more than offset by profit when people don't catch it, or determine that it is not worth the time and effort to get it reversed.

Question: Is $6.16 the charge for a one liter bottle of Evian? $6.16 seems too cheap to be ship pricing for two bottles of Evian,but I have a hard time understanding how they could charge me for one bottle and not the second (they sat side by side for the entire two weeks). I'm cynical enough to think that RCI has determined to optimal fake amount to charge that people won't take the effort to dispute. I am not a fan of frivolous law suits, but it seems that it may take a class-action lawsuit to get rid of this crap.

Thanks for the reminder to check my bill.

Thom

We were B2B on Oasis 22 & 29 Jan and did not get electronic copies of our Sea Pass bills. But your posting did make me go on-line and check my credit card charges. Yep, there was $6.16 MORE than our Final Bill for the first week:mad:. I just spent 20 minutes of my time and RCI's time on the phone getting this "mini-bar charge" refunded. RCI certainly loses money on wasted effort when people catch this, but presumably this is more than offset by profit when people don't catch it, or determine that it is not worth the time and effort to get it reversed.

Question: Is $6.16 the charge for a one liter bottle of Evian? $6.16 seems too cheap to be ship pricing for two bottles of Evian,but I have a hard time understanding how they could charge me for one bottle and not the second (they sat side by side for the entire two weeks). I'm cynical enough to think that RCI has determined to optimal fake amount to charge that people won't take the effort to dispute. I am not a fan of frivolous law suits, but it seems that it may take a class-action lawsuit to get rid of this crap.

Thanks for the reminder to check my bill.

Thom

One bottle

... I am not a fan of frivolous law suits, but it seems that it may take a class-action lawsuit to get rid of this crap...
I sent an email to the only person who both (a) cruised the weeks I did and (b) whose email I know. They had not checked their bill, but when they did they discovered they had been charged $12.32.:mad: At least they got charged for two bottles; how I was charged for only one when the two bottles were left touching each other side-by-side (not one in front of the other) is beyond me unless these charges are being done at random without even entering the cabins. I used to think this was incompetence, but now am thinking that it is an organized scam.

Thom

We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel Universal the beginning of the month. Upon checkout received our e copy of the charges and all was well. However, when our credit card charge was processed it was for an additional $8.64. After calling accounting was told it was for a bottle of Fuji water.....like no we didn't touch it. This seems to be a racket that hotels and cruise lines are employing hoping guests don't notice. We were promptly refunded.

Sent from my iPad using Forums