Sagrada familia

Hi can you catch a bus to sagroda famila from the port or will it have to be a taxi would like to go there first then walk back to the port if this is possible :confused:

We walked there and back - bit of a trek probably took about 45 mins each way, so yes a taxi and walk back is ok. Make sure you pick up a map from port tourist office if you haven't got one.

I don't know if you can get a bus there, but there is a small bus station near the port.

Hi can you catch a bus to sagroda famila from the port or will it have to be a taxi would like to go there first then walk back to the port if this is possible :confused:

Hi carolynne15

We have taken the Metro from Drassanes at bottom of La Rambla to Diagonal Gracia (Green Line) (5 stops if I remember) then changed to Blue Line for Sagrada Familia (another 2 stops) and you come out right at the Cathedral.. Very easy to do. Just need to make sure you have correct money for machines which are at bottom of stairs and select English language then your journey Metro lines are exactly the same the world over. Follow the maps on the walls.

We have never actually been in the Cathedral as the queues have always been enormous but at least we have seen it.

We have used the Metro on several occasions from the bottom of La Rambla to go to Sagrada Familia (twice) Park Guell (twice) bit of a walk (20 mins approx) uphill from Metro and also Montjuic (lovely views over the whole of Barcelona)..

Long walk back though. Remember trying it once wjhen I was younger and fitter - and never again.

If you Google Barcelona Metro map you will get a coloured map like you would find for the London Underground in the back of diaries.

Hope this helps. Anything else you want to know I'll try and answer.

Agree with skioncruises that the metro is an easy way to get to the Sagrada Familia - however, if you can find another couple to share with, a taxi won't cost much more and will get you there quicker (remember to ask the driver to take you to Sagrada Familia and not make the mistake many people do by saying the Cathedral which is a completely different place in the Gothic Quarter). Unless you want to join a very long queue with no guarantee that you will get in, book tickets well in advance at http://www.sagradafamilia.org/en/tickets/

Edited by campolady

Hi do you know how much a taxi would be :)

This site quotes 10 Euros which seems a little cheap as there is usually a minimum city fare of 12 Euros http://www.taxiautofare.com/es/Default.aspx?FareHistoryID=10377900

This other site quotes just under 17 Euros so if you think somewhere between the 2 you won't be far off - for peace of mind confirm the fare with the driver before setting off.

How much does a taxi cost from World Trade Center, Moll de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain to la sagrada familia in Barcelona, Spain

Estimated fare for this trip is 16.67 € .

Starting time:10:29

Distance: 6.84 km.

Duration: 20 min.

Taxi fare breakdownJump in the taxi2.10 €6.84 km. x 1.03 € per km7.05 €Waiting in traffic (~9 min.)3.32 €Port surcharge4.20 €Total16.67 €On a weekend it would be18.59 €

Edited by campolady

Thank you all :)

The advice to prebook your ticket is a good one - queues are frequently very long. Take care which site you use for booking though - I've just tried and as is often the case ticketing sites have a mark up. You can book through the official Sagrada site but as yet I'm unable to book a date past March 31 on there - but could through an intermediary site!

I'm hoping the April will be released on the Sagrada site once we get into March otherwise I may have to pay a premium through another agent for peace of mind and getting the time I want.

Tickets from the official site http://www.sagradafamilia.org/en/tickets/ are now available to the end of April

HTH

Thanks for that - it's just gone live today! I'll get on with my booking now.

There's also a wonderful Modernist place called Hopital Sant Pau which was used as a hospital until a few years ago and is well worth a visit. It's only a few minutes walk from Sagrada Familia.

https://www.santpaubarcelona.org/en

Sounds very interesting. Thanks for the heads up - will definitely try to pull that in with our visit to the Sagrada.

• 2 weeks later...

I will defiantly pre book before our trip. Three times I have tried to visit it but due to one thing and another never made it. This time pre book - taxi there and job done. Unsure about the towers as Himself has bad knees and hip. I think he would do it for me but be in a lot of pain. So maybe the museum instead.