Liberty of the Seas - A Review of My Virgin Cruise

Good catch. I looked back at my cruise comasses when I wrote this review, so I'll need to correct my previous post which was from memory, and a faulty one at that. :)

No worries!! Thanks so much for the clarification!!! Memories are supposed to be a little faulty after a wonderful week of vacation! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for this wonderful review! My husband and I are sailing this Sunday and I was beyond excited to read your thoughts on the Rio Secreto tour. I know they don't let you take your camera. Do you recall how much the picture package was?

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

You could buy one pic for $25 or a flash drive with all of the pictures of your group for $99. We bought the flash drive and were happy with it.

Good review, glad you liked the liberty. We were on her a few weeks ago and had a great time. We were on deck 12 as well and actualy ended up liking the panoramic ocean view room as well as the rocking at night. Would definitely concour with the storage in these rooms.

Also - the $99 photo thumb drive is an awesome price! Was that a daily special or something available all week?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$99 thumb drive was the regular price. It is so nice to have pictures of the group we got to know from the tour as well as ourselves.

Anyone have an idea on how to upload the cruise compasses now that they are scanned? I can't seem to get it to work.

If they are PDF files that are under 976MB each, you can attach them to your post.

If they are JPG files, then you should upload them to a site such as Photobucket, and put links to them in your posts here.

If they are PDF files that are under 976MB each, you can attach them to your post.If they are JPG files, then you should upload them to a site such as Photobucket, and put links to them in your posts here.

They are pdf files and are approximately 3.5 MB per day x 7 days. I keep getting an error message when I attempt to attach them. I'll try again tomorrow morning when I have more patience.

Thank you :)

They are pdf files and are approximately 3.5 MB per day x 7 days. I keep getting an error message when I attempt to attach them. I'll try again tomorrow morning when I have more patience. Thank you :)

Try to attach one to a post, rather than all to one post.

Happy Cruising! This was definitely the first of many for me. :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=404125&stc=1&d=1487527593

Thanks for taking the time. While I enjoy reading reviews of first time cruisers, your's didn't have the feel of a first time cruiser, I guess your time on cruise critic was well spent.

Thanks for taking the time. While I enjoy reading reviews of first time cruisers, your's didn't have the feel of a first time cruiser, I guess your time on cruise critic was well spent.

Thank you. I definitely benefitted from the advise of those who have gone before. I really appreciate Cruise Critic!

Was finally able to reduce files to under 1 MB per file maximum allowed for a pdf, but I'm afraid that it has reduced the quality as well. Here you go! :)

Perfectly readable, thanks!

Do you by any chance have the "As You Depart" letter you can add? Many people ask about departure timing.

Perfectly readable, thanks!

Do you by any chance have the "As You Depart" letter you can add? Many people ask about departure timing.

Unfortunately, I did not save the departure letter and our timing got thrown off considerably by the fog on our return to Galveston. In fact, the fog is something to consider when sailing out of Galveston this time of year. I heard from one couple that they had problems on 8 previous cruises due to fog (either boarding late or returning late). We have decided, since we have to fly to port anyway; that we will sail out of Florida in future.

We heard an announcement the day before regarding disembarkation tags and lounges but had not received any information in our cabin, so we checked with customer service. Customer service gave us our tags and departure schedule. Originally, we were supposed to meet in the Platinum theater at 9:30 AM, but were reschedule for 12:30 PM due to fog and our group was not actually called until nearly 1:00 PM for departure. After departing the ship we easily found our luggage and made our way to a very long line for customs. Since Gregg is Canadian and I’m American, we were sent to a special line which happened to be the shortest. Bonus! Many people had to reschedule their flights due to the late departure. We were lucky to have made our flights with only 4 minutes to spare.

The Windjammer was open from 6:00 - 8:30 AM for breakfast on departure morning. They also kept the Promenade Café and Sorrento’s open for snacks while everyone waited for their departure time, but the lines were incredibly long as the time ticked further into the day and people started getting restless.