Gumbalinda question

RoRothman

I understand you have to take ship excursion to got there.. do you if I bring my 14 month old granddaughter she will need a car seat for bus?.. also have my 93 year old mom [who uses a wheelchair for distances.. will it be ok for her? by the way we will be on the Crown Princess.. their description of the tour was vague..

Yes , you'll need to use the ship's excursion to visit Gumbalinda. Honduran traffic laws don't require car seats for infants. This is true in most Caribbean, Central American and Mexican ports as well.

While it's been several years now since I've been to Gumbalinda, I would not have attempted most of the paths in a wheelchair. Improvements could have been made in the meantime, though. So hopefully someone else can answer that question with recent experiences.

thanks for the info.. we are now considering a private tour.. and giving up Gumbalindo.. are there any suggestion on what to see or not miss.. not planning on zip lining.. just maybe some animals.. ( for the grandkid) and then a short visit to a beach ( that has shaded areas) where some of our group can snorkle,,

Take the island tour offered by which ever vendor you selection. Tell the driver when you board, or the vendor before hand, what you are or are not interested in doing. The island caters tot he vacationers wanting to snorkel or dive. Not a lot of non-tourist type things unrelated to water activities. Cameo factory gets some interest here, also pans as it isn't a spendor palace of a place.

I would go to Little French Cay..this is a rehab for animals..monkeys, birds, lions, horses etc. Short distance via boardwalk to boat launch to take your to the island. More animals, lots of little beaches for swimming easily accessable, snorkeling is OK as reef and rock outcroppings are close. Restaurant on site. Lots of shade spots...good location for all ages.

• 2 months later...