divina cabins

sailer1234

I was wondering what 10146 room is like, any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app

it's a standard balcony cabin, 192 sq ft (168 living area; 24 bathroom) balcony 42 sq ft, in a great location on the central hump. No worries about limited views or being adversely affected by the overhang, which is much narrower on the hump.

It is convenient for the lifts to the atrium. not to far to walk to get to the MDR but a little further to the theatre.

A good cabin in a nice location.

Pete

We are looking at possibly booking on MSC this summer. Do you know if their website shows all cabins available? I find it odd that they have clusters of available cabins... others apparently booked? I would think they would have more randomly located cabins showing available.

Enjoy your ski trip, Pete!

We are looking at possibly booking on MSC this summer. Do you know if their website shows all cabins available? I find it odd that they have clusters of available cabins... others apparently booked? I would think they would have more randomly located cabins showing available.

Enjoy your ski trip, Pete!

They often have different blocks of cabins on sale in different regions for a few weeks at a time .

So I don't think the web site shows all available cabins.

I usually phone up and ask for the cabins I'm interested in

They often have different blocks of cabins on sale in different regions for a few weeks at a time .

So I don't think the web site shows all available cabins.

I usually phone up and ask for the cabins I'm interested in

Thanks! That was what I suspected... I think we will wait to see if there is a last minute price drop :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just booked a block of 4 cabins on the Divina for Pam, myself, and 6 family members. For three of them it will be their first cruise vacation! They're so excited!

The rest of us are seasoned cruisers but MSC will be a new experience for all of us.

The MSC telephone agent assigned us cabins 9129, 9131, 9135, and 9137.

I know it is tucked in the concave portion of the ship but is is several decks down from the overhang so will the view be OK?

Also, 9135 and 9137 are three rooms away from the atrium so hopefully it won't be too noisy.

Just booked a block of 4 cabins on the Divina for Pam, myself, and 6 family members. For three of them it will be their first cruise vacation! They're so excited!

The rest of us are seasoned cruisers but MSC will be a new experience for all of us.

The MSC telephone agent assigned us cabins 9129, 9131, 9135, and 9137.

I know it is tucked in the concave portion of the ship but is is several decks down from the overhang so will the view be OK?

Also, 9135 and 9137 are three rooms away from the atrium so hopefully it won't be too noisy.

The field of view will reduced by the hump walls. the greatest reduction will be for 9137 and getting a little bit less as you move away from the "WALL".

The overhang will have virtually no affect on the cabins.

9135/9137 are designated "H" cabins (for those who have special needs) and because of this they are ~50% bigger and have bigger balconies. In addition you can have the dividers between the cabins opened ( well at least the outer third) and so make one super-balcony.

I wouldn't expect there to be any noise problem from the atrium

Enjoy your cruise and I hope you enjoy the MSC cruising style

Pete

Assuming your booked on Divina

It is a standard cabin of 192 sq ft (168 living; 24 bathroom) 42 sq ft balcony; in a great position

No overhang to bother you as you are on the forward hump

Full 180 degree field of view

conveniently situated for the lift to the theatre

but a fair old trek to the MDR and buffets, you can't have it all

If I had to have a cabin that is where I would go

I usually have the Aurea experience that is if I'm not in YC (either because it's full or the ship doesn't have one)

Have a great cruise

pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for such valuable information! I'm sure a little trek to the MDR won't hurt me if what I hear everyone saying is true about overeating on a cruise! Lol [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Pete,

Can you look for me plse 12204??

Thank you!

You have one of the small balcony cabins on the central hump.

it is 148 sq. ft. (124 living area; 24 bathroom) 34 sq. ft balcony. (Standard cabins are 192 sq ft ; balcony 42 sq ft.

these small cabins don't have a seating area with a sofa or easy chairs.

there are smaller balconies to the cabins on the stern on deck 13

As it is on the central hump the overhang on deck 14 is reduced and it's effect will be lessened as compared to a cabin in the recessed area

Pete

This is our first time with MSC & we are undecided between a few available cabins on Divina. The only B2 room available on Deck 11 is 11224. There are a few more on Deck 12 such as 12213 and 12196. In your opinion, which cabin is the best choice?

Thank you so much for your help.

The ones on deck 12 are the small cabins with small balconies. The one on deck 11 is the cabin with the huge balcony with the much limited view. If I was going solo, I would choose a deck 12 cabin. Otherwise, depending on how much time I would spend on the balcony, I would take the large balcony, or drop down and see what B1 balconies were available. EM

This is our first time with MSC & we are undecided between a few available cabins on Divina. The only B2 room available on Deck 11 is 11224. There are a few more on Deck 12 such as 12213 and 12196. In your opinion' date=' which cabin is the best choice?

Thank you so much for your help.[/quote']

This is our first time with MSC & we are undecided between a few available cabins on Divina. The only B2 room available on Deck 11 is 11224. There are a few more on Deck 12 such as 12213 and 12196. In your opinion' date=' which cabin is the best choice?

Thank you so much for your help.[/quote']

1220 and 12196 are both small balcony cabins on the central hump, 148 sq. ft. balcony 34 sq ft

11224 is one of the sought after huge balcony cabins.

Although it has only a view straight out or forward, no view backwards at all

It s a standard cabin

192 sq/ ft balcony 120 sq ft

Small balcony

small%20hump%20balcony%20deck12_1.jpg

11224 balcony

balconybiggestcorner.jpg

NO CONTEST

11224 every time

Pete

Hi. This is great information, especially for those of us new to MSC.

So you have info for 15011 on Divina...

Thanks if you can help.

The cabin is ~220sq ft with a balcony of 61 sq. ft.

It has plexiglass barrier and as it is an odd number is on the port side of the ship.

This is an image of 15013 next door

from the balcony end

P1020616.jpg

from the entrance end

P1020617.jpg

Bathroom

P1020619.jpg

P1020620.jpg

Pete

Hello Pete. Would you mind checking on one more? It's my first time on MSC and want to make sure I've got a good cabin and balcony. I've searched all over but still unsure. MSC Divina 11240.

Pete, could you please give me info on Divina room 12244. I have never sailed with MSC do I am really lacking in knowledge about the rooms and locations.

Thank you very much for your help!

You have a standard balcony cabin:- 192 sq. ft. (168 living area; 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq. ft. balcony.

It is a in a nice location on the rear hump so will have unrestricted views in all directions. there is no problem from the deck 14 overhang.

It is nicely situated for access to the MDRs by the rearmost lifts, it is however about as far away from the theatre as you can get, but you can't have everything.

This is a view of where it is

12244.jpg

Pete

Hello Pete. Would you mind checking on one more? It's my first time on MSC and want to make sure I've got a good cabin and balcony. I've searched all over but still unsure. MSC Divina 11240.

everything in the post above applies to your cabin, except it is 1 deck down and 2 cabins to the right of the cabin indicated in the image

Thanks so much for your information & opinions. We have booked Cabin 11224. Now we have to wait 11 months!

Could you please show me where this cabin is located on your ship picture?

there you go

1224.jpg