divina cabins

sailer1234

Skier52,

Would you be able to tell me about room 9011 on Divina? I know it has the metal instead of glass on the balcony

it's on the port side of the front hump so will have full 180 degree of vison and no lifeboat below so downwards is the sea.

it is 192 sq .ft. (167 living area; 24 bath room) balcony 42 sq/ft.

It is the very last (or first depending on your point of view) cabin on the side of the ship so it is a long way to the MDR but only a short way back from the theatre

it has double sofa bed for 3rd/4th guest(s)

here's where it is

9011.jpg

Pete

My wife has difficulty walking and requires a scooter to get around (which we are renting from Special Needs Group). However, we wanted to be in the Divina Yacht Club and, when we booked, the two accessible rooms and the 8 squared off rooms were already taken. Therefore, we booked an ordinary YC1 room (15024). Does anyone know whether we will have any difficulty getting the scooter in and out of the room and finding a place to charge it? Thanks for any information you can provide.

We have cabin 10075 booked, does anyone know if this is a good cabin? Thanks!

IMHO you have a cabin in a good location, with uninterrupted views in all directions and as it is on the front hump there is no shadow from the deck 14 overhang. it has a plexiglass balcony.

So enjoy your cruise

Pete

Any comments or pictures of aft cabin 11270? We chose this one hoping the view would be better despite the small balcony.

11270 has one of the largest balconies outside of the YC and Aurea suites, there are 8 in total bigger than yours in the YC and Aurea suits.

The largest non-YC are the corner balconies eg 11224; 12078 which are 124sq. ft. (there are 20 of those)

then next biggest are the deck 10 aft at 118 sq. ft. ( there are10 of those)

Then comes your balcony at 95 sq. ft.

All other balconies are smaller

So of the 1125 balconies on Divina only 38 are bigger than yours

perhaps you are getting confused with the deck 13 aft balconies which are described as "Juliette" balconies

This is what your balcony will look like

Deck11_aft%20.jpg

Pete

PS you not having a laugh are you, or extracting the urine?

Skier52, This is our first MSC Divina Cruise and we will be in the Yacht Club 15th floor Deluxe Suite. Looking at either 15027, 15033 or 15020. I am going to guess they are all like the 15013 you have been talking about.

Edited by back-at-it

Skier52, This is our first MSC Divina Cruise and we will be in the Yacht Club 15th floor Deluxe Suite. Looking at either 15027, 15033 or 15020. I am going to guess they are all like the 15013 you have been talking about.

Yes they are all standard YC1 cabins

Pete

it's on the port side of the front hump so will have full 180 degree of vison and no lifeboat below so downwards is the sea.

it is 192 sq .ft. (167 living area; 24 bath room) balcony 42 sq/ft.

It is the very last (or first depending on your point of view) cabin on the side of the ship so it is a long way to the MDR but only a short way back from the theatre

it has double sofa bed for 3rd/4th guest(s)

here's where it is

9011.jpg

Pete

Omg Thank You so much. That helps a ton

Pete

Amazing contribution! So much detail!

Do you have time to provide some information about cabin 12070? I had to pick an aurea cabin and went for that based on lucky numbers! Did i make an ok choice?

Thank you and hope you are having a good day :-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

Pete

Amazing contribution! So much detail!

Do you have time to provide some information about cabin 12070? I had to pick an aurea cabin and went for that based on lucky numbers! Did i make an ok choice?

Thank you and hope you are having a good day :-)

I think you should do the lottery because you picked a really good cabin based on choosing by lucky numbers

IMHO the location is just where I would want to be, on the front hump and as near to the midships as possible for an Aurea cabin.

It is a few paces away from the forward bank of lifts, just enough to be away from any possible noise , except from unthinking guests.

The cabin is 192 sq. ft. (168 living area; 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq. ft. balcony.

There is no overhang from deck 14 to worry about and you will have uninterrupted views forward and aft.

Downwards will be a small portion of a lifeboat roof

There will be a double sofa bed in the cabin

HERE IS ITS LOCATION

12070.jpg

Pete

Hi! I would love to hear your suggestion regarding cabin choice for the Divina, I hace the option to choose any cabin from 13113 to 13128 (Wellness Experience) or cabins 10271 and 10277 (Fantastica experience)

Do you know if the cabins will be refurbished in some way because of the debut of the Wellness experience?

The size on the cabins seem different, based only on the cabin (not the experience which doesn't matter much for us) which one will you choose?

I think you should do the lottery because you picked a really good cabin based on choosing by lucky numbers

IMHO the location is just where I would want to be, on the front hump and as near to the midships as possible for an Aurea cabin.

It is a few paces away from the forward bank of lifts, just enough to be away from any possible noise , except from unthinking guests.

The cabin is 192 sq. ft. (168 living area; 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq. ft. balcony.

There is no overhang from deck 14 to worry about and you will have uninterrupted views forward and aft.

Downwards will be a small portion of a lifeboat roof

There will be a double sofa bed in the cabin

HERE IS ITS LOCATION

12070.jpg

Pete

Pete you are brilliant! Thank you for that prompt helpful reply!! Is there some cruise critic medal we can award you?

Glad i picked a decent cabin..i feel reassured by your response and love the photo....printing it out for our scrapbook!

In terms of next week's lottery...i predict 1, 11, 19, 25, 27 and 41. If anyone wins, please buy me a cruise. Lol.

Thanks again Pete xx

Hi! I would love to hear your suggestion regarding cabin choice for the Divina, I hace the option to choose any cabin from 13113 to 13128 (Wellness Experience) or cabins 10271 and 10277 (Fantastica experience)

Do you know if the cabins will be refurbished in some way because of the debut of the Wellness experience?

The size on the cabins seem different, based only on the cabin (not the experience which doesn't matter much for us) which one will you choose?

Personally I go on holiday to relax not be expecting to go mad on gym equipment,, nor consulting a " Doctor" ( whose credentials may be dubious, I say this as a UK citizen where 99.9% of our "Doctors" are the genuine article).

So I wouldn't pay for those service as part of a cruise experience.

Putting all that to one side I would have any of the aft cabins on deck 10 in preference to any other non-YC cabin purely for the views and the huge balcony.(118 sq. ft.)

Deck 13 cabins mentioned do have the deck 14 overhang as a drawback but not as severe as the cabins in the recessed areas.

Here is what a deck 10 aft balcony looks like

Deck10_aft%201.jpg

So I answer to your question

NO CONTEST

DECK 10 AFT EVRY TIME

Pete

personally i go on holiday to relax not be expecting to go mad on gym equipment,, nor consulting a " doctor" ( whose credentials may be dubious, i say this as a uk citizen where 99.9% of our "doctors" are the genuine article).

So i wouldn't pay for those service as part of a cruise experience.

Putting all that to one side i would have any of the aft cabins on deck 10 in preference to any other non-yc cabin purely for the views and the huge balcony.(118 sq. Ft.)

deck 13 cabins mentioned do have the deck 14 overhang as a drawback but not as severe as the cabins in the recessed areas.

Here is what a deck 10 aft balcony looks like

deck10_aft%201.jpg

so i answer to your question

no contest

deck 10 aft evry time

pete

thanks pete!! Will do the deck 10 cabins!!!:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there you must get fed up with people asking for info and photos of cabins but here is another request what is cabin 11266 like on the Divina never had an aft one before and I am a bit of a sun worshippers I wasn't given much choice from the travel agent. Fingers crossed TIA katrina

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi there you must get fed up with people asking for info and photos of cabins but here is another request what is cabin 11266 like on the Divina never had an aft one before and I am a bit of a sun worshippers I wasn't given much choice from the travel agent. Fingers crossed TIA katrina

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here are some views of you balcony location and what a deck 11 balcony looks like

this image courtesy of cruisedeckplans.com

divina%20aft%20deck%2011.jpg

Deck11_aft%20.jpg

11266b.jpg

11266c.jpg

Pete

• 1 year later...

Hey Pete, Sorry to bother you! I am on a budget and didn't come up with the extra $ for a balcony room, however I booked an inside room on the DIVINA 9249, I'm not sure, but is there a Hidden deck, or the sort that offers a view of the aft area of the ship? Is it the passages to the stairways? Is it a good place to get to the buffet by the stairs. Thanks a million !

Hey Pete, Sorry to bother you! I am on a budget and didn't come up with the extra $ for a balcony room, however I booked an inside room on the DIVINA 9249, I'm not sure, but is there a Hidden deck, or the sort that offers a view of the aft area of the ship? Is it the passages to the stairways? Is it a good place to get to the buffet by the stairs. Thanks a million !

As far as I know there is no hidden deck.

There are definitely stairs at either side of the aft which can be used to get to the buffet but

i'm not sure which deck levels have doors to access the stairs., assuming they are not closed and access restricted

The main access to the stairs is on deck 15.

Pete