Oasis - questions need help ASAP

dst

I'm currently booked in a D2 on the hump on Oasis for our cruise in October. I'm keeping an eye on the pricing for a JS. If the price comes down, I'll jump all over it.

Has anyone ever seen the pricing for Suites come down? Right now it's about $1500 more for the JS for the two of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm currently booked in a D2 on the hump on Oasis for our cruise in October. I'm keeping an eye on the pricing for a JS. If the price comes down, I'll jump all over it.

Has anyone ever seen the pricing for Suites come down? Right now it's about $1500 more for the JS for the two of us.

Yes, we've had price drops on JS staterooms on Oasis class.

I did a JS last year on Oasis and we booked a regular balcony this year. Found the benefits almost non-existent. Sure, a little bigger room but who cares? It's nothing special, just a little closer to a regular sized hotel room. But then it also depends on the jump in cost. I'd pay $200 - $300 extra for a JS, beyond that, meh. For our Harmony cruise this year, it's about $3k extra for our family of 4.... not a chance.

Thanks for all the feedback - we haven't made a decision yet but all this info has certainly helped - now we are torn on Oasis or Allure......

As it stands now, not having been on Oasis yet, I would go for Allure just because of the brazilian churrascaria in Samba Grill (The Solarium) in the evening. That was a lot of tasty meat! :-)

Other than that the two ships appear to be more or less the same.

As it stands now, not having been on Oasis yet, I would go for Allure just because of the brazilian churrascaria in Samba Grill (The Solarium) in the evening. That was a lot of tasty meat! :-) Other than that the two ships appear to be more or less the same.

We feel the exact opposite and very much enjoy the Solarium Bistro on Oasis. :)

I would normally be OK with a $400 jump to a JS for a 7-day cruise. I'd go a bit more for Oasis class because I dislike the layout of the Oasis class balcony staterooms so much.

What is it that you do not like about the balcony layout? I think I would prefer the bed by the balcony but do you dislike even that layout?

What is it that you do not like about the balcony layout? I think I would prefer the bed by the balcony but do you dislike even that layout?

I don't like the sliding closet doors, makes it difficult for two people to use it. Plus the safe is in the closet, so that's another reason to slide the doors. No drawers in the nightstands. No center desk drawer. Lack of drawers on one side of the desk.

Admittedly, these are minor annoyances. It's disappointing that they would take a step backwards from Voyager/Freedom/Radiance classes.

We loved our Jr. Suite last week on the Oasis! It was roomy enough for my friend and me, and the balcony accommodated 5 of us for get-togethers.

Coastal Kitchen for dinner was okay. They refused to allow my friend and me to bring a guest. We preferred the food in Chops and Giovanni's. Service was good in all restaurants.

Enjoy your cruise!

We loved our Jr. Suite last week on the Oasis! It was roomy enough for my friend and me, and the balcony accommodated 5 of us for get-togethers.

Coastal Kitchen for dinner was okay. They refused to allow my friend and me to bring a guest. We preferred the food in Chops and Giovanni's. Service was good in all restaurants.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks - very helpful

We feel the exact opposite and very much enjoy the Solarium Bistro on Oasis. :)

As it stands now, not having been on Oasis yet, I would go for Allure just because of the brazilian churrascaria in Samba Grill (The Solarium) in the evening. That was a lot of tasty meat! :-) Other than that the two ships appear to be more or less the same.

OK - now I am confused - is there a restaurant at the Solarium? That is our favorite spot, I could stay there for an entire cruise ;)

OK - now I am confused - is there a restaurant at the Solarium? That is our favorite spot, I could stay there for an entire cruise ;)

At daytime you have solarium bistro, but on the allure they change it to samba grill for dinner. Extra charge, don't remember how much but worth it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

At daytime you have solarium bistro, but on the allure they change it to samba grill for dinner. Extra charge, don't remember how much but worth it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you - we booked the Allure :)

I'll be sure to check that out