Shipped missed HMC, what month did you cruise?

momof4girls

We just missed it this past week on Elation. The weather forecast called for rain storms all day, so the ship went to Key West instead. Was disappointed to miss our favorite port of call. But all in all, it was a great move by CCL to do this for us.

Hopefully we don't miss it:(, we've been to key west more then enough and seen and done stuff, we are actually one 4 hrs from key west so we go to keys often,

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info!

I'm 1 for 1 on HMC and 2 for 2 on Grand Turk. I did not know there's a reasonable chance to not visit those ports and now will adjust my expectations.

I had no idea either that Grand Turk is missed until we missed it. I think it is still missed less frequently than HMC though

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ecstasy missed HMC Oct 2016 because of Hurricane Matthew. If you're trying to figure out when to cruise to avoid missing ports, keep this in mind: due to Matthew we missed lots of ports and it was THE BEST CRUISE EVER. Disclosure I do like sea days. But the crew was awesome and the vibe for the entire cruise was so chill. Everyone knew they weren't going anywhere so we all just kicked back. The entire itinerary was changed - we went to Cozumel for two days instead of stops in the Bahamas. More disclosure when I cruise I'm in full total vacation mode since all my stresses are onshore and someone else is responsible for my happiness, so it's easy for me to not care if ports are missed and itineraries change. And - I'm trying again for HMC later this year.

Ecstasy missed HMC Oct 2016 because of Hurricane Matthew. If you're trying to figure out when to cruise to avoid missing ports, keep this in mind: due to Matthew we missed lots of ports and it was THE BEST CRUISE EVER. Disclosure I do like sea days. But the crew was awesome and the vibe for the entire cruise was so chill. Everyone knew they weren't going anywhere so we all just kicked back. The entire itinerary was changed - we went to Cozumel for two days instead of stops in the Bahamas. More disclosure when I cruise I'm in full total vacation mode since all my stresses are onshore and someone else is responsible for my happiness, so it's easy for me to not care if ports are missed and itineraries change. And - I'm trying again for HMC later this year.

I know from living in Florida I'd not take cruise to Bahamas from Aug to Nov just because of hurricane season, I've not been on a cruise yet ,so not sure about the sea days if I'll enjoy or not , I'm kinda stick to my self person and don't talk much , so guess I'll be off in a corner of deck lol on sea day,

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I don't cruise for the ports as much as I cruise for the ships themselves. Meaning, I could spend 7 days on a cruise ship and be completely content. The vacation is the not cooking or cleaning part. :D I was just trying to see if there were certain times that it was more common to miss this port. Considering I'm most likely to cruise between August and November (hurricane time), it's always going to be a gamble if I make this port or not.

So excited for both HMC and GT! Setting sail March 13th for my first visit to both, fingers crossed 🤞

Huge difference in these beaches. Half Moon Cay is PERFECT. Grand Turk has a LOT of rocks, including some that are hard not to trip over even in the gentle surf. Only downside to HMC is the tender, but it is the most worth-it tender I've ever taken.

It might take a while to believe how perfect HMC is, but before too long you'll be digging your toes as deep as you can in the silky sand underfoot, realizing there are no shells, rocks or anything. Just soft sand.

Huge difference in these beaches. Half Moon Cay is PERFECT. Grand Turk has a LOT of rocks, including some that are hard not to trip over even in the gentle surf. Only downside to HMC is the tender, but it is the most worth-it tender I've ever taken.

It might take a while to believe how perfect HMC is, but before too long you'll be digging your toes as deep as you can in the silky sand underfoot, realizing there are no shells, rocks or anything. Just soft sand.

That's good to know about GT is all beach area like that? We are planning on hanging out near Jacks Shack

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's good to know about GT is all beach area like that? We are planning on hanging out near Jacks Shack

Good question, and I'd like to hear too - haven't been to Jack's Shack but plan to this cruise (4/9 on Splendor).

I've only swam from the pier to about 400 yards down from the pier and didn't see an end to the rocks, but my experience was limited to the area just off ship, where all the lounge chairs are.