Cheers for a couple. 15 drinks a day?

sweets2323

As someone who on a 7 day cruise was SURPRISED by a $1000 CABIN LIQUOR TAB once... I was a newbie:o:loudcry:

when I'm on vacation, I don't want to think about whether to add another drink to the fun. And at karaoke, you may just wanna buy someone a drink, or have one of those specialty shots at dinner...

and for me it's very important to prepay as much as I can before I vacation, it's a win for me. it's very easy to go over 5-6 drinks per day... with gratuity it's 50-60 already. Now, my question is has any one ELSE maxed out for a day? ;p

I hit 15 one day on my cruise last week, by 7 pm. I was as shocked as you.....:D I am not a drinker in my normal day to day life. I was no where near drunk and would have not been cut off for any other reason than 15. The other days it was about 10 drinks, not including non-alcoholic.

So I moved to the bottle of wine I brought on board that I hadn't opened yet.

I know I got my $ worth not counting the priceless value of not worrying about every nickle and dime. Got off the boat with a $200 bill (including my salon service).

I bought Cheers for our upcoming 6 day cruise for my spouse and I. I _know_ she won't drink 15 alcoholic drinks a day, but she will have smoothies, water and a couple glasses of wine with dinner, maybe one after dinner drink at the shows. I'll certainly have 15 drinks a day, coffee with a shot in the morning, 3-4 drinks by the pool in the afternoon, 2-3 glasses of wine at dinner, 2-3 after dinner drinks and bottled water throughout the day.

I bought it because I just don't want to have to wonder about what our end of cruise bill is going to be. This way, I have everything (shore excursions, spa, drinks, cruise cash) all paid off before our cruise and will get to come home from a fun vacation without a big CC bill to deal with.

Any chance at all of somehow allowing just 1 adult per cabin to buy "Cheers?" Based on all of the feedback in this thread, I think I'm a good candidate for it, but my husband is not (no alcohol for him - black coffee drinker) ... :( Just trying to see if anyone out there has cracked that code!

TIA!

Any chance at all of somehow allowing just 1 adult per cabin to buy "Cheers?" Based on all of the feedback in this thread, I think I'm a good candidate for it, but my husband is not (no alcohol for him - black coffee drinker) ... :( Just trying to see if anyone out there has cracked that code!

TIA!

There's no code. Either you both buy or no one does. Period .

I think this is one good reason to have Cheers. My DH doesn't drink so no cheers for me but I tried a drink from Alchemy bar, The Quick Fix and hated it. I usually just stick with what I know and like and that drink validated why I do that. If I had Cheers, I could have left it and got something else.

I would have taken it off your hands. I love that drink...but you gotta like the flavor of absinthe....its not for everyone.

TIA!

Go back and read the final paragraph of post #172. This is the only "loophole" with the program.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

WOW! I can see people have opinions one way or the other. Summary is you do what's right for you.

In order for CHEERS to be worth it, you have to consumer bottled water, specialty coffees, shakes, start drinking with breakfast, stay on the ship during the port days (to consume more drinks), and basically drink all evening until 1am to make it worth it. US$50 per day x 2 people + gratuity is just a whole lot of money to spend. To each his own, but not for us. Cheers!

WOW! I can see people have opinions one way or the other. Summary is you do what's right for you.

In order for CHEERS to be worth it, you have to consumer bottled water, specialty coffees, shakes, start drinking with breakfast, stay on the ship during the port days (to consume more drinks), and basically drink all evening until 1am to make it worth it. US$50 per day x 2 people + gratuity is just a whole lot of money to spend. To each his own, but not for us. Cheers!

What? No!

A morning barista coffee with breakfast, and grab a liter of mineral water to take with you before you head off the ship. Get back in the afternoon and have a couple of beers by the pool to cool off. A cocktail before dinner. At dinner two glasses of wine. After dinner another coffee and it is paid off. Everything after that is bonus. That's drinking like a church mouse from 8am to 9pm on a port day. Have a bit of fun on a sea day and you double everything.

No, not at all. All you need to do is drink 5-6 mixed drinks or 8 beers over the course of the day, whether that be a full sea day on board or if it's a port day and you go ashore, then from 400 or 500 until you go to bed. If you choose to consume any non alcoholic beverages over the course of the day, then the required 5-6 or 8 would be reduced.

It's very simple, but people just need to take a step back and look at the big picture from a broad point of view instead of being myopic and looking at it from a narrow point of view.

Get the Carnival gift cards at 10% off and it's even less. Drink until 1AM? No way, I'll be in bed by 11PM I'm sure. I still don't get how people think you have to drink all day, start with breakfast (alcohol from the sounds of it) and never get off the ship. It's not even close! But hey, if you don't see the value, then don't buy it. Not everyone will drink anywhere near 15 alcoholic drinks a day, and the break even point for fruity drinks is only 5 a day not including water, soda, and whatever else you want. So it's less if you like those other things. You don't have to be a lush or even close to it to at least break even! :rolleyes:

If I drank the Cheers limit in one day I would probably miss the entire next day!

You don't need to drink the limit of 15. So many are fixated on the number 15.

If you drink 7 or 8 alcoholic drinks a day, you're ahead of the game.

You don't need to drink the limit of 15. So many are fixated on the number 15.

If you drink 7 or 8 alcoholic drinks a day, you're ahead of the game.

If you read my comments above in this thread you'll see that I already know that! :cool:

Go back and read the final paragraph of post #172. This is the only "loophole" with the program.

Thanks, SNJ! Alas, we only have 1 room, but that's good to know for future reference when our boys could stay in a room on their own w/o potential for mischief - haha! Ages 10, 13 currently. :p