Cheers for a couple. 15 drinks a day?

sweets2323

I was not aware bottled water was included great!! is this the large bottles are small ones... asking so In know in advanced for port excursions. Is there a limit on non-alcoholic items, meaning can I order two bottled watrs at a time? TIA!!!!

It's the smaller water bottle. You can order two drinks at a time if you have two sail and sign cards (at least in our experience-- I'm sure technically it is in the server/bartender's discretion).

In the mornings, I would go up and get a Rockstar for both of us (with both our cards), and they never opened it or told me both of us had to be there-- again, we may have gotten lucky. We did the same with Irish Coffees at the coffee bar, as well as mixed drinks at Serenity-- but usually at some point they had seen us both.

We also ordered a fun drink, sipped on it for about five or ten minutes, then each got a shot to add to it. This of course counts as four total drinks instead of two, but we wanted an extra kick.

I just did a quick estimate on what I would drink for our upcoming six day cruise & it's just an estimate of $350.00 (does not include water to take off the ship on port days). And this is not including what else I might try. Also, I didn't figure what my husband might drink too. So its well worth it for us

My DW agrees with you on that part. She loves trying odd drinks with the drink package. This will not work with Cheers since it is a 15 drink min. However other cruise lines do not have a limit so when you have that option you can try a drink if you do not like it then simply get a different one:D.

It's the smaller water bottle. You can order two drinks at a time if you have two sail and sign cards (at least in our experience-- I'm sure technically it is in the server/bartender's discretion).

In the mornings, I would go up and get a Rockstar for both of us (with both our cards), and they never opened it or told me both of us had to be there-- again, we may have gotten lucky. We did the same with Irish Coffees at the coffee bar, as well as mixed drinks at Serenity-- but usually at some point they had seen us both.

We also ordered a fun drink, sipped on it for about five or ten minutes, then each got a shot to add to it. This of course counts as four total drinks instead of two, but we wanted an extra kick.

there is nothing lucky and it's not about the bartender. You are allowed one drink per card, not per person. I always get my wife her drinks while lounging on the Serenity Deck. I was never questioned once. we were also allowed a bottle water with a drink, no problems again.

If you need to force yourself to drink contrary to your wants or habits just to get your money's worth, you need to reevaluate whether CHEERS is a smart purchase.

A high-volume drinker will always be able to provide justification to a low-volume drinker how drinking more will allow them to "get their money's worth". The low-volume drinker will get more for their money buying their beverages a la cart if the math makes sense. Saying "Well, just drink more!" isn't reasonable advice.

There have been numerous posts from people stating that they would not get their monies worth on port days. All I was doing was pointing out that you're still on board and awake for at least 7-8 hours once you get back on board from your excursion and that is plenty of time to leisurely consume 5 alcoholic drinks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

If you want to get hammered everyday then you should purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No need to get hammered, just enjoy a minimum of 5 high end drinks and you're ahead of the game. Those that concentrate on the 15 drink limit and attempting to hit it each day will be the ones that are possibly hammered, depending of course on their tolerance.

Have gotten the large bottle of San Pellegrino in the steakhouse for myself as well as the large bottle of Evian to take ashore.

Nice! We were told only the smaller bottles (not the large size we get as a Gold perk) :)

I should have clarified that the smaller bottle is still pretty big, if I remember correctly.

In my case it would be higher for I mostly drink beer. Now on the "fun & sun" type cruises I have been seen sitting pool side drinking a fruity drink or two, but not often. I believe my breaking even point is around 9ish (not including coffee, bottled water, ect...). I believe on longer cruises it would be much harder to get your monies worth. For instance, my wife and I get the drink package every cruise, and yes we get our monies worth. However we need too give our livers a rest for a week when we get back...LoL. I could not see doing that for more days so I think we will decline Cheers if we book the 14 day Alaskan cruise aboard the Splendor in '18. What stinks about Cheers is that everyone in the cabin 21+ must get the package or no one gets it :mad:. This is were other cruise lines are in tune with their PAX because both spouses my not drink. People can say about the sharing and that is why, but other cruise lines have strict rules if you are caught sharing you lose your drink package (no refund) plus you have to pay for ALL the drinks you have gotten to date:eek:. In the end it is up to the persons getting Cheers to decide if it is worth it for him/her. The price list is posted on this thread so add it up and make an educated guess.

True you are 8-9 on beers only! My post that was quoted did refer to mixed drinks, martini's etc.

Agree a 14 day cruise probably wouldn't even consider that .

I'm thinking of going to clubs and events at night. As mentioned on here it includes so much other things. Carnival told me today that the non alcohol is all I can drink and the liq is 15 max.. so if we drink virgin drinks as well we will get our monies worth. So it's would be easy to meet 50 dollars a person while on the ship. I have 4 port days and San Juan and Turks departs at 8pm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are heading on the 4 day Sensation on 3/9, 2 adults 2 teenagers. Trying to figure out if the drink package for the adults and kids are worth it.

For the Cheers package for the adults, are there any restrictions, bottled/can/non draft beers are eligible, correct? How about buckets of beer? We drink more beer than we do hard stuff.

What about restrictions for the kids?

Gary

We are heading on the 4 day Sensation on 3/9, 2 adults 2 teenagers. Trying to figure out if the drink package for the adults and kids are worth it.

For the Cheers package for the adults, are there any restrictions, bottled/can/non draft beers are eligible, correct? How about buckets of beer? We drink more beer than we do hard stuff.

Gary

Cheers is only for adults 21 and over. The kids can get Bottomless Bubbles which includes soda. No buckets of beer, but you can just order them 5 min apart.

Gary

We were also worried about not having buckets on our first CHEERS cruise, but if you plan to chill in one spot a while, they figure you out pretty quickly it seems. We also tipped each time, though, since we were with the same fellow and he was doing a great job on checking on us-- and it was pretty busy on the serenity deck.

It would be nice for Carnival to offer a smaller alcohol drink package. I understand it affects their margins. I like to try different drinks but don't want to be wasted the whole time. Something like a discount plan or pay for 10 drinks in advance, get 2 free.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Forums mobile app

It would be nice for Carnival to offer a smaller alcohol drink package. I understand it affects their margins. I like to try different drinks but don't want to be wasted the whole time. Something like a discount plan or pay for 10 drinks in advance, get 2 free.

I would be fine with a lesser package too, however, Cheers doesn't equal "wasted all the time". Not even close to break even as I and others have previously explained. Now if you aim for 15 a day, then, yeah, the potential could be there depending on an individual's tolerance. It's not just for alcohol. Seems people tend to forget that part. Nonalcoholic drinks are unlimited. It's only alcohol that is 15 per person per day. There are thousands of combinations of both alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks to get your money's worth.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I would be fine with a lesser package too, however, Cheers doesn't equal "wasted all the time". Not even close to break even as I and others have previously explained. Now if you aim for 15 a day, then, yeah, the potential could be there depending on an individual's tolerance. It's not just for alcohol. Seems people tend to forget that part. Nonalcoholic drinks are unlimited. It's only alcohol that is 15 per person per day. There are thousands of combinations of both alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks to get your money's worth.

For me 15 drinks a day would have me drunk all day. Even combining alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks won't work for me, unless I forego eating. I am not bashing Cheers. However, if there was something smaller for the casual drinker, even with minimal savings, it would slow down, not prevent, the abuse of sharing the package. I have purchased the package, but even the 6 drink break even was too many drinks for me every day. I just buy a couple now when I want one.

I like to try different drinks but don't want to be wasted the whole time.

I'm inferring that you're making the same mistake that many make and you're concentrating on the possibility of finding the maximum of 15 alcoholic drinks per day instead of the realistic number of 5 high end drinks or 8 beers in order to be at the break even point. And all of the non alcoholic options, which are unlimited, would be thus be free.

For me 15 drinks a day would have me drunk all day. Even combining alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks won't work for me, unless I forego eating. I am not bashing Cheers. However, if there was something smaller for the casual drinker, even with minimal savings, it would slow down, not prevent, the abuse of sharing the package. I have purchased the package, but even the 6 drink break even was too many drinks for me every day. I just buy a couple now when I want one.

No doubt I could never put away that many (as I explained in post 89), but it's not as difficult as some might think to break even. Now that you can pay for Cheers with discounted Carnival gift cards, it takes a little bit less to do so.

My upcoming cruise will be the first and pretty sure my last time buying it as I am typically not a big drinker at all because I travel solo. But there are 13 of us (with 8 being adults), so I have a feeling we will come out ahead. Plus I have a Havana cabin and I plan to spend a lot of time out there sipping my beverages :) . I would love to see a lesser priced package offered as well for all my other cruises. I typically only get at the most 5 alcoholic drinks the whole cruise in addition to Bottomless Bubbles.

We're in the same boat (no pun intended). And I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for a package to get a set number of top-shelf drinks for the week, similar to the wine club. And not to bring on bashing by others, but we're not planning our vacation around how many drinks we're going to have each day. If folks choose to do that, more power to them. But no way we're going to spend nearly a thousand dollars more just to get 6 drinks in a day on a 8 day cruise. That more than pays for all of our shore excursions, transfer fees, pics and drinks!