Cheers for a couple. 15 drinks a day?

sweets2323

The funny thing about Cheers for us is it is more about the freedom of being able to order whatever we want. We aren't big drinkers in "normal" life. Maybe drink once every other month. But we will always buy Cheers for now on. Had it on our last 8 day and getting it on our next 8 day.

We probably broke even or was a little over...but it was nice having it prepaid. I loved not worrying about ordering a drink or even finishing it. We lay out a lot...and you can really go through those frozen drinks quickly. Also..sometimes they melt too quickly. So problem solved...order another one. :) I love the "all inclusive" aspect of it.

[emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The funny thing about Cheers for us is it is more about the freedom of being able to order whatever we want. We aren't big drinkers in "normal" life. Maybe drink once every other month. But we will always buy Cheers for now on. Had it on our last 8 day and getting it on our next 8 day.

We probably broke even or was a little over...but it was nice having it prepaid. I loved not worrying about ordering a drink or even finishing it. We lay out a lot...and you can really go through those frozen drinks quickly. Also..sometimes they melt too quickly. So problem solved...order another one. :) I love the "all inclusive" aspect of it.

That's me too. I never drink when not on vacation. It will be nice not having to tally things up and worry about what I've spent. If my drink melts, no problem. I'll get another one. If I don't like it, no problem. I'll get something different. I will probably have more than I normally would not having Cheers, but that's because I can. When I travel by myself, I don't get it because I would never come close to breaking even. But with such a large group, I'm sure we'll be having a few [emoji39].

That's me too. I never drink when not on vacation. It will be nice not having to tally things up and worry about what I've spent. If my drink melts, no problem. I'll get another one. If I don't like it, no problem. I'll get something different. I will probably have more than I normally would not having Cheers, but that's because I can. When I travel by myself, I don't get it because I would never come close to breaking even. But with such a large group, I'm sure we'll be having a few [emoji39].

Yes! I loved trying new drinks. I mean being on vacation is about doing stuff you don't normally do right? I would never eat or drink that many calories in everyday life. But hey...it's a vacation and I want to splurge. :)

Yes! I loved trying new drinks. I mean being on vacation is about doing stuff you don't normally do right? I would never eat or drink that many calories in everyday life. But hey...it's a vacation and I want to splurge. :)

Absolutely! This is the cruise amongst cruises. We splurged for a Havana Extended Aft Balcony, we are getting Cheers, and even booked a night in the Steakhouse. All things I haven't done before. I doubt there will be another cruise such as this so, we're going big! [emoji3]

Everyone had great points.. If I was in a group I think I would get it hands down... well at least I i have 10 months to think about it, lol.... the melting drink was a good pointer too. I normally drink Long Island ice tea... splurging is nice too [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of the comments above was "15 drinks per day" - but that's the daily limit not the break-even. The break-even is somewhere around 5 drinks for me - three glasses of wine and a couple of cocktails.

Yes, my break even is about 5-6 drinks a day. Definitely doable over a long day.

I may drink three drinks or 4 the max my husband may dibble and dabble

If you have 4 per day at the Alchemy Bar, that's 10.95 per, so you're at 43.80. Add bottled water, soda, espresso based drinks, vitamin water, Red Bull equivalent, and milkshakes. Even alcoholic milkshakes on a few of the ships. You can also experiment and try something new or maybe enjoy a Woo Woo shot (vodka, cranberry juice and peach schnapps) with a new acquaintance on board.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Would 5 drinks a day is about $50 a day.. would u get the cheers ?

Yes. That's why we are (plus the reasons listed previously). Keep in mind the 5 drinks at $10 each are only the alcoholic ones. If you like a soda or water or whatever else, then those aren't even put into the equation and are "bonuses".

I drink mixed drinks and would have to drink at least 5 a day to make it worth the cost. Not sure I could do it on days where I've been in port trying the local libations. :confused:

Pete

Well, remember that you would be back on board by 500, so that gives you 7 hours till midnight to drink your 5 drinks, even more time if you stay up later. And if you know you have an open bar on board, you can keep your daytime port drinking to a minimum and save money.

Oh and if you buy the discounted Carnival gift cards at 10% off through Verizon, AARP, or Citi (plenty of threads on these if anyone has questions about the programs), then you are saving even more because you can now pay for Cheers and other Fun Shop purchases this way.

Yep. Cheers cost me $724

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Yes, I would get it. How many port days do you have on the 8 day? We had 4 ports on the last one and still found that you could spread out those 5-6 a day. Our next 8 day only has 3 ports...so this will be fun. :D

Well, remember that you would be back on board by 500, so that gives you 7 hours till midnight to drink your 5 drinks, even more time if you stay up later. And if you know you have an open bar on board, you can keep your daytime port drinking to a minimum and save money.

Cheers actually goes from 6am-6am so you would have 11 hours [emoji4] if there was a bar that was open until 6am that is.

In a heartbeat. Some people say that once you sail in a balcony cabin, you can't go back to an inside. I am the same way with the drinks packages. Once you get it, you can't not get it. I have paid for it on Carnival twice and Royal once and have gotten it included 5 different times on Celebrity and NCL