Miami hotel with cruise parking

Luvtoeat

It's been 10 years since we sailed from Miami and we got free parking at the port with the handicap placard. Our last 6-8 cruises have been from Tampa or PT. Canaveral. Any suggestions on a nice hotel with cruise parking. I have only found a few choices but with all the hotels in Miami I must be searching the wrong sites. The few I found only provide transportation to the port but not back to the hotel. As a last resort depending on the total price, we may just park at the port. Not sure if any of the off site parking places can be trusted.

I really don't know, but I am sure someone will chime in. The issue is almost all the hotels that offer this, 1. are not in great areas that are nice to stay in, 2. Don't offer a shuttle back. Parking at the port, if you need to pay is $20/day. Its really not too bad, and the savings with parking somewhere else won't be that much compared to the total cost of your trip. Parking at the port, as you know, is very easy and by far the best option to park.

I agree with the above advice to stay cheap somewhere outside of Miami (West Palm area off of 95 or even Orlando is only 3+ hours from POM) and then park at the port.

Most of the hotels offering cruise parking are out near the MIA airport - La Quinta East is a budget option often suggests along with the next door MIA embassy Suites. Better hotels in a better area are found in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood - Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc. Taxi back to your car after the cruise will run about $30 - closer to $20 in an Uber.

www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com are two sources to check

Good luck! :)

Although several hotels in the Miami area have park/cruise packages, none of them have a return shuttle to the hotel.

When cruising out of Miami, we normally solve for this by doing a one-way rental car or van each direction. The rental car company shuttles you to or from the drop-off / pick-up point if you specify the following locations;

Alamo / National / Enterprise / Thrifty / Dollar - use the Miami airport location

Hertz - use the 229 Southeast 2nd Street location

Budget - use the 89 SE 2nd St location

Avis - use the 99 SE 2nd St location

This option will also allow you to book a much cheaper hotel the night before in the Melbourne / Stuart / Ft. Pierce / West Palm Beach area, and drive the final 2-3 hours to the ship on the day of the cruise.