220 outlets to charge cell phone

rdemn

I'll be on the carnival dream in May. First off can someone verify there is a 220 v outlets in the cabins. With only one 120 V outlet has anybody brought a 220 V USB charger to charge there cell phone?

I can get one on eBay for not that much money if it works it would free up the 120 V outlet any thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll be on the carnival dream in May. First off can someone verify there is a 220 v outlets in the cabins. With only one 120 V outlet has anybody brought a 220 V USB charger to charge there cell phone?

I can get one on eBay for not that much money if it works it would free up the 120 V outlet any thoughts.

Why wouldn't you be able to since the charger actually says Input: 120 - 240 VAC

I charge my phone all over the world whether the utility provide 110 60Hz, 110 50 Hz, or 220 50Hz.

I never had issues using a power strip to connect all my electronics out of the single 120V

Check the fine print on your phone charger. It most likely says "input voltage 100-240vac" as most do. You might need a magnifying glass to read it on some chargers. If it says this, you only need a plug adapter that converts your US 110v plug to match the European 220v outlet.

We bring an European two pin adapter or an Euro outlet splitter with us. Between the US and Euro outlet, we have enough.

Most ships have an Euro outlet. In our experience, the Inspiration and Imagination have a British looking outlet.