RCL St. Maarten shore excursion to St. Barts -- No more?!

So we are sailing on Anthem of the Seas May 25, with a stop in St. Maarten. We have been to St. Maarten at least 6 or 7 times. Nothing against St. Maarten, we love it that's why we go! But we were planning on taking RCL's shore excursion to St. Barts for the day, now I see that it is not listed on cruise planner or even their site! Did they get rid of this shore excursion for good?? Does anybody else have any other suggestions to visit St. Barts for the day?

Normally I would book something locally, but I see most of the ferries leave before our ship even arrives in port. That's why this excursion would have been perfect.

You can take a small plane to St. Barts from St. Maarten. We did it years ago, and landing on their runway in St. Barts is an excursion in itself! Bring your passport.
Gustaf III Airport is a hoot (if you survive). Drop over the hill (see:
), and hope to stop before you arrive at St. Jean Bay. The cemetery on the South side of the runway as you screech to a stop is an interesting touch. There used to be maybe 4 burned out planes on the North side of the runway, but they finally seemed to have moved those. And of course you get to leave the Maho Beach crowd in your dust taking off from STM, and come back over Maho Beach on your return to STM.

Is there an excursion to Anguilla? We stayed on St. Martin for a week a couple of years ago and took the ferry to Anguilla one day. It's a shorter, smoother ride from what I've read (haven't been to St. Bart's) and is beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe they call this the "barf cruise" to St Bart's? Apparently it's known for being a really rocky ride. ???

Yes I did read it is a very bumpy ride over, but that doesn't concern me, we spend a lot of time on the water down the Jersey shore in the summer. That water can get rough!

Thats probably why its not offered. Royal Caribbean contracts local vendors for their excursions. If its not available to them, its probably not available because of timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought maybe they had arranged a special transportation situation for their passengers with a local vendor to meet the time, I guess not.

Is there an excursion to Anguilla? We stayed on St. Martin for a week a couple of years ago and took the ferry to Anguilla one day. It's a shorter, smoother ride from what I've read (haven't been to St. Bart's) and is beautiful!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes there is, I have a cruise booked for next month, I am doing some dolphin thing on Anguilla.

You really should consider visiting Anguilla. We did an excursion on our own in St. Martin. When getting off the cruise ship you can take a cab to the ferry port and the ferry took a 30 minute ride to Anguilla. The ride was smooth and not like the "barf cruise" to St. Bart's. It's such a beautiful island. You can see the Dolphins or stay at a hotel for the day. We did the Viceroy which is now the Four Seasons. The hotel and beach itself were amazing. We didn't regret this tour.