Just off DIVINA - Review in process

Kroozen

We sailed on Poesia in 2013, and Divina in 14.

Overall Divination is a better ship, but it was lacking Italian performers. I heard that it changed now. Can you please confirm?

And we just loved nightly shows. What a treat!

Hi there, I also just returned from this cruise. I think perhaps your itinerary is different than ours, so the nights may not line up. Ours was:

Sat-casual

Sun-sea day, formal

Mon-sea day, flower power/70s/80s

Tues-St Martin, white night

Weds-San Juan, Italian night

Thurs-sea day, formal

Friday-Nassau, smart casual

Oh bummer your days in port are different then mine, they don't line up, But thanks for the info. just the same. much appreciated. I'll keep trying:)

We didn't do any shore excursions, we prefer to just explore on our own.

I'm St. Maarten we went to Maho beach for most of the day. In San. Juan we toured the forts and then walked around the city. In Nassau we went to the straw market and went into a few shops in that area. We then spent a little while at Atlantis, and then we went to Junkanoo beach before returning to the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi there -Saw your post, We just got off the ship a week ago, & I agree the food was good but nothing ground breaking, I have to say though the variety and quality of the pizza available especially late was a real treat for us..For the $$ I thought it was an overall good value but being only English speaking the whole cruise was a bit trying/challenging for my wife and I think she's one and done on this ship..I asked her to have an open mind and see what the new ship brings plus the additional ships coming to Florida.😆

Take care!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Hi I'm trying to figure out what you meant by "but being only English speaking the whole cruise was a bit trying/challenging for my wife "

What language did the staff speak?

Thanks for the review!!!!

We found all the staff we encountered spoke English. We also chatted to other British, American and Canadian people. In the MDR we were initially seated at a table with another British couple but we had requested a table for 2 when we boarded and were sat at this from the 2nd night onwards. Also in the main dining room we had at least 5 tables in our immediate area where the guests were all either American or Canadian.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We only had one instance where language seemed to be a barrier.

A breakfast one morning, my father asked for eggs with ham steak on the side (as listed on the menu). The server responded "no steak." My dad said something like, "no, I want HAM steak." The server responded back, "I bring you cold cuts." This went on back and forth for another minute, even after my dad pointed to the menu where it said "ham steak."

My son ordered waffles with stewed bananas, again as listed on the menu. He got waffles, no banana. We inquired to the server, and he brought us a whole fresh banana.

I like to drink a soda with breakfast. Knowing it would be difficult to get in the dining room, I had purchased one elsewhere and needed a glass of ice for it. I asked for a glass of ice, and got a bowl of ice.

The whole meal was frustrating.

We only had one instance where language seemed to be a barrier.

A breakfast one morning, my father asked for eggs with ham steak on the side (as listed on the menu). The server responded "no steak." My dad said something like, "no, I want HAM steak." The server responded back, "I bring you cold cuts." This went on back and forth for another minute, even after my dad pointed to the menu where it said "ham steak."

My son ordered waffles with stewed bananas, again as listed on the menu. He got waffles, no banana. We inquired to the server, and he brought us a whole fresh banana.

I like to drink a soda with breakfast. Knowing it would be difficult to get in the dining room, I had purchased one elsewhere and needed a glass of ice for it. I asked for a glass of ice, and got a bowl of ice.

The whole meal was frustrating.

I'm sure it was frustrating at the time; but you gotta admit, it makes for a pretty entertaining story in hindsight. I was chuckling as I read it!

Did you get any photo packages?

I am trying to find out if any come with excursion pictures..or if the 98$ /100 photos cones with or has option to purchase a cd with it?

Any other photo advice on any other package too is welconed. Thanks!