Alaska July 2019

ktbyrd79

• 3 months later...

My parents are retiring next year and want to wait to do this one where they don't have to worry about work schedules. Plus, it's a pretty expensive trip so having as much time as possible to get the best cabin and pay it off would be great. I'm thinking the vista suite that wraps around the aft.

My parents are retiring next year and want to wait to do this one where they don't have to worry about work schedules. Plus, it's a pretty expensive trip so having as much time as possible to get the best cabin and pay it off would be great. I'm thinking the vista suite that wraps around the aft.

Last June we to Alaska on The Legend in the vista suite that wraps around the aft. HIGHLY RECCOMEND it. Worth every penny. Probably one of the best cabins at sea. Only negative was the heat was not working well at the back of the ship and we were cold. Great cabin though.

• 4 weeks later...

Carnival Legend's July 2017 Alaska voyages were released for booking December 18, 2015. Some special rates were not available until March 10, 2016.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

• 1 month later...
Open now...and man are they pricey!

I noticed yesterday that Carnival had opened up the 2019 Alaska itineraries on the Legend. The pricing appears (to me anyway) to be comparable to Summer 2018 and similar to other lines (HAL, Princess) doing Alaska in 2018. Alaska I believe (like Panama Canal) has higher taxes and fees assessments due to port charges.

I noticed yesterday that Carnival had opened up the 2019 Alaska itineraries on the Legend. The pricing appears (to me anyway) to be comparable to Summer 2018 and similar to other lines (HAL, Princess) doing Alaska in 2018. Alaska I believe (like Panama Canal) has higher taxes and fees assessments due to port charges.

Exactly my point...no way am I paying the same price to take Carnival that I would Princess...Princess would win hands down when even up! Don't get me wrong - we love Carnival and the majority of our cruises have been on them. But if they are the same price as Princess in Alaska, it is Princess all the way. There is a reason Princess has the reputation for being the leader in Alaska...

Exactly my point...no way am I paying the same price to take Carnival that I would Princess...Princess would win hands down when even up! Don't get me wrong - we love Carnival and the majority of our cruises have been on them. But if they are the same price as Princess in Alaska, it is Princess all the way. There is a reason Princess has the reputation for being the leader in Alaska...

I guess we'll see for sure when Princess releases their 2019 Alaska schedules. ;) We're looking at them also for Summer 2019 just for the reason you mention. HAL as well.

[quote name=m

exicobob]Forgot to mention, book early if you want a Vista cabin. They go quick.

Does the Legend vibrate like the Miracle in the Aft? I didn't like the Miracle at all in the Vista suite and would rather pay that kind of money for a land vacation with all the vibrating! The room itself was fine and the cruise was fun but the vibration made it very difficult to relax or sleep in the cabin. :(