Video! - Room Tour - MS Koningdam VA8044

Trickie Dickie

Lovely video of VA cabin. It should be helpful to those passengers thinking of booking in this category. Thanks for sharing it.

This is exactly why I take a few minutes out of each cruise to do this type of video. I always wonder what the room layout is like, how big is the balcony etc.

Some interesting stuff I should have mentioned. The bedside stands both have outlets above them, however the outlet has USB as well as regular power. A paper business card will work as good as a plastic card in the main power card slot.

A funny story for those of you reading this thread. My spouse was using his room card in the main power slot to keep the lights on in the room. While I was showering, he went out and took his card with him. After a few minutes the lights went out and I was stuck in the shower in the pitch dark. A loud yipe got my spouses attention as he arrived back in the room a few seconds after the darkness came. It got me wondering if this happened to someone less able than I, the outcome could have been bad. I would have had to fumble in the dark to turn off the water and find my way out of the shower and to the door of the washroom in the dark, totally wet and nakey. Could have been dangerous with slipping a possibility. We laugh about it as it was kind of funny at the time, but these main power slots to save electricity could cause injury to someone in the future. I recommend not using your room card. :D

Nice video and useful for future reference!

Thanks for sharing.

You're most welcome. I don't think anyone is reading my funny story about the room power and shower. I think I will post it as a new post as I am very curious if it has happened to other people. :D

You're most welcome. I don't think anyone is reading my funny story about the room power and shower. I think I will post it as a new post as I am very curious if it has happened to other people. :D

Right. It will be bumped among latest thread in the forum.:)

Guest debbiejohncruise
It's actually laid out quite nicely. Lots of storage. We were quite comfortable. Cheers!

Looks like a great room! We have tried many of the HAL ships (stopped and switched to Celebrity because of smoking on verandahs all around our verandah). Glad to see they have finally changed their smoking policies. We would love to try the new Koningsdam. Are there food stations instead of the tradtional cafeteria style in the older ships? Deb