Princess Photo package

Oh for crying out loud, it is as a PP posted a fun momento of the cruise...if you don't want to spend the money, don't. Some people (like me) are happy to spend the money - so be it for them (and me). Why the battle as to how good a photographer you think you are Brisbane41!

Back to the topic - I did read on FB that this "all inclusive" package does not seem to include the embarkation photo....so not quite "all inclusive" :-)

Oh for crying out loud, it is as a PP posted a fun momento of the cruise...if you don't want to spend the money, don't. Some people (like me) are happy to spend the money - so be it for them (and me). Why the battle as to how good a photographer you think you are Brisbane41!

Back to the topic - I did read on FB that this "all inclusive" package does not seem to include the embarkation photo....so not quite "all inclusive" :-)

Seems strange not to include the embarkation photo.

Seems strange not to include the embarkation photo.

I agree...apparently the person who posted said they were shown the terms and conditions on board which excluded this photo. Maybe others who bought the package can clarify as we are not cruising until early next year.

Done the package, included everything, port calls, sailaways, dining room, everything, we even got given 2/3 copies when we had pics taken with others, (and we didn't ask for them):). As I said, twas $149 and we walked away with $600 + worth, on their normal individual pricing.:)

I hate having my photo taken. Hate, hate gate.

Last cruise the girls wanted one while we were together on a cruise.

Me "Let's just get our friend to do it, I'd rather give him the money" they agree, he has been voted in the best three photographers under 30, three years running, shoots ads and corporate portraits for companies like Canon, Samsung, Maccas and more.

Clever me, got out of it.

Guess who's coming up this weekend, eek.

Just got off Dawn Princess and heard people asking about purchasing photo package to be told 'no we are not selling that anymore ever on this ship, people who bought earlier online are the only ones who can use it'

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just got off Dawn Princess and heard people asking about purchasing photo package to be told 'no we are not selling that anymore ever on this ship, people who bought earlier online are the only ones who can use it'

Wonder if that is anything to do with Dawn going to P&O

Its the dollar value that I find a rip off as it is far too expensive for what you get. In reality no individual photo is worth such a high price that you would pay for on the ships.

Forget taking printed copies as these are more obsolete. The digital copies would be more value as you can have them printed in any size and format you wish.

They just have a very poor business model with costs so high to cover the wastage in printing that they go through each cruise where all those unsold prints are destroyed and costs passed on to the passengers that purchase them.

A smarter business model would be to dispense with the printed copies, go completely digital and reduce the cost of digital sales to all under $5.00 for an individual digital copy. By doing that it may encourage more passengers to make digital purchases and increase their profits with the lack of print wastage they are doing. Further more they need to reevaluate their themes and settings. The formal portraits in the Atrium with uncouth bogans in the backdrop hardly make for a decent portrait when you are seeing the unwashed in the background of a classy ship with you in your formal gear. I could go on but I think you get the point.

On Solstice last year the photographs were all digital and they used photo recognition cameras as well so you only gave your name and cabin number once and all future photos taken were automatically allocated to you portfolio..

Apparently you could view the photos on screens around the ship and maybe on your TV room computer .

We don't do photos on ships.

The formal portraits in the Atrium with uncouth bogans in the backdrop hardly make for a decent portrait when you are seeing the unwashed in the background of a classy ship with you in your formal gear. I could go on but I think you get the point.

I don't recall seeing any bogans in any of our photos from the last package (either foreground or background) when we took the kids, unless I gather you are referring to us as the bogans standing behind our kids in the photos?

I got off the Golden this morning. Had the "all inclusive" package at the special price of $123 (purchased online in January). It did not include the embarkation/Melbourne sail away photos as they are sold as a seperate package, so not all that all inclusive but it is in the fine print that you don't get them. Ended up with about 20 photos which I thought was good value. The $199 package on board is only for 10 photos plus the 10 digital files.

I got off the Golden this morning. Had the "all inclusive" package at the special price of $123 (purchased online in January). It did not include the embarkation/Melbourne sail away photos as they are sold as a seperate package, so not all that all inclusive but it is in the fine print that you don't get them. Ended up with about 20 photos which I thought was good value. The $199 package on board is only for 10 photos plus the 10 digital files.

Was there a limit of 20 photos or did they only have 20 photos taken on you? :)

Where is the fine print? Looked and can't find anything.

I only had 20 taken. Other people went to every photo location and had many more photos done. As a solo traveller I was happy with the port pics, a few formal night pics and some with the fancy backgrounds to gift to my mum. A couple with their son went to every location and just about needed another suitcase for all of their included pics. The fine print? I never saw it online either but when I went to collect the first photos it was given to me to sign. I have it but wouldn't have a clue how to attach it on here.

I only had 20 taken. Other people went to every photo location and had many more photos done. As a solo traveller I was happy with the port pics, a few formal night pics and some with the fancy backgrounds to gift to my mum. A couple with their son went to every location and just about needed another suitcase for all of their included pics. The fine print? I never saw it online either but when I went to collect the first photos it was given to me to sign. I have it but wouldn't have a clue how to attach it on here.

I think if the fine print is not there to see when you purchase the deal then they can't get you to sign it after, that would be false advertising, I will fight them on that

I am more than happy to be included in the upper middle bogan class. For me the photos are simply a fun momento. Always been very happy with the quality. Never had a cheesy shot yet. Only bogans in shot are us and the package on offer (now no longer available I believe) is a total bargain. Can't wait for August.

I think if the fine print is not there to see when you purchase the deal then they can't get you to sign it after, that would be false advertising, I will fight them on that

True - would be good to know the outcome of your discussions when you have them :D

• 2 weeks later...