Epic - Booking a seat for Chef's Table questions

aprguy

Hi all - Sailing out of Rome on Aug. 16 on the Epic and was interested in booking the Chef's Table meal. We are infrequent cruisers and are hoping that some vets can help us out with a couple of questions and give us some tips.

1. According to the NCL website, the Chef's table can only be booked on board. Does this basically mean we would need to be one of the first on board and go directly to the Guest Services Desk to book? Is there anyway to beat the crowd?

2. As part of our Free at Sea perks we receive a meal in a specialty restaurant - does that include the Chef's Table meal if we were able to get it?

Thanks in advance for your help. Just booked this past Friday and already can't think of much else!

I've heard that also. Wish we could get an explanation.

I imagine that with all the included SDPs and UBPs, people are having a hard time justifying the cost of these dinners. Also, they haven't changed the menu of them since they started.

We did it before several years ago, and the meal was amazing, but we didn't do it again due to it being the same meal.

Haha - thanks for the replies everyone - guess now I don't have to worry about how to get to "the table!"

And if it were offered and if you did get it, the price would be very expensive so definitely NOT included in SDP, not even for an upcharge.

Chef's table is discontinued.

Your free specialty restaurant is usually LE BISTRO, which is pretty decent and popular restaurant. I suggest making your reservation WAAAY EARLY as later in the cruise it is near impossible to get a reservation there, LATITUDES member or not.

Chef's table is discontinued.

Your free specialty restaurant is usually LE BISTRO, which is pretty decent and popular restaurant. I suggest making your reservation WAAAY EARLY as later in the cruise it is near impossible to get a reservation there, LATITUDES member or not.

What is the free meal at Le Bistro. The OP states that they got it as a free at sea perk, so I assumed they were talking about the SDP. Your post suggests otherwise.

Just asking out of interest.

What is the free meal at Le Bistro. The OP states that they got it as a free at sea perk, so I assumed they were talking about the SDP. Your post suggests otherwise.

Just asking out of interest.

For LATITUDES members who have free meal with their tier level (Platinum, Platinum+, Ambassador), they can choose between LE BISTRO and CAGNEY'S, although LE BISTRO is the more popular of the two.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

For LATITUDES members who have free meal with their tier level (Platinum, Platinum+, Ambassador), they can choose between LE BISTRO and CAGNEY'S, although LE BISTRO is the more popular of the two.

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

That isn't a free at sea perk (as well as the OP saying they are infrequent cruisers, so fairly unlikely to be platinum), so I'd be surprised if that's what they were talking about.

I assume they do actually mean the SDP then. Your post did make me wonder whether there was a specific extra perk for one meal as a special or something, but it appears not.

That isn't a free at sea perk (as well as the OP saying they are infrequent cruisers, so fairly unlikely to be platinum), so I'd be surprised if that's what they were talking about.

I assume they do actually mean the SDP then. Your post did make me wonder whether there was a specific extra perk for one meal as a special or something, but it appears not.

I think you're right. I scrolled back and then I saw they're talking about Free At Sea (I have NO IDEA how i missed that part!) :)

Anyway, early reservations are pretty much a must on EPIC. Specialty restaurants are insanely popular and tables are rarely available. Being friendly to one of restaurant host helps a lot ;)