Should I choose Divina or Seaside?

I am looking to book a cruise in Feb, 2018. The Divina is doing an 11 day for about $1500, and the Seaside a 14 day for $1800, both for minimum balcony cabins. We are 2 seniors, don't care about the itinerary, we've done almost all of them before, and also don't care about the waterparks, or kids programs.

I know I am just asking for opinions, but value the opinions of those who have sailed MSC before. We will be booking a Fantastica balcony. What say you all?

How do you feel about specialty dining? Seaside will have more options, including sushi/pan-asian/hibachi. I'm just off the Divina. Our party had meals in all 3 specialty restaurants and 4 nights in the dining room. If I were to sail her again, I'd probably pre-purchase specialty dining for every night (depending on which ones you choose, this would be about $150 per person on a 7 night). The dining room was underwhelming, but we enjoyed all of our specialty meals.

How do you feel about shows/entertainment? The 14 night Seaside is actually two 7 night cruises, which means you'll repeat shows. But, it will also have a comedy club.

How do you feel about a day in Miami while the Seaside switches over?

We went on the Divina last October and enjoyed that cruise and the ship and will be sailing the Seaside March 2018. The per day pricing suggests the Seaside is the better deal and its a very different ship. I am more of an itinerary person but I'm more excited to see the Seaside. I think you should cruise the Seaside first.

Dave

Lmceuise brings up excellent points. For me, I'd go with seaside for sure, but when I sail Caribbean I do so for the ship first and ports second. When I sail for ports (Alaska, med, Norway, etc...) I sail for ports and could care a less about the ship. Ymmv :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmceuise brings up excellent points. For me, I'd go with seaside for sure, but when I sail Caribbean I do so for the ship first and ports second. When I sail for ports (Alaska, med, Norway, etc...) I sail for ports and could care a less about the ship. Ymmv :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to everyone who responded. I have decided to book the SeaSide. Love that new ship smell, plus it is 3 days longer, and who wouldn't want more time on the ship. Ports are not important to us, the ship is. Can't wait, only eleven and a half months to go.

Why not sail both? The Divina will be lower cost, and I believe the Seaside will be a destination ship. We sailed the Divina in December, and will sail her again this summer. We are booked on the Seaside for Spring 2018, and will book her again, as I want to visit their private island - Ocean Cay.

MSC offers a loyalty match program, based upon your status with most cruise lines, or some hotels

A link to an article on the Seaside (page 50 - 51) is pasted below.

http://www.lehtiluukku.fi/lehti/cruise-business-review/_read/1-2017/141362.html