Boarding times vs. when you can board -- NCL Escape

kathy884

We are arriving at cruise port in Miami next Saturday (NCL Escape) and will probably after checking out of our hotel get there around 12:30 p.m. Our boarding time is not till 1 - 1:30 that they gave us. Will we have to wait to get on? How does that work?

We are arriving at cruise port in Miami next Saturday (NCL Escape) and will probably after checking out of our hotel get there around 12:30 p.m. Our boarding time is not till 1 - 1:30 that they gave us. Will we have to wait to get on? How does that work?

We arrived at 11 AM and they were already boarding by 11:15

Our time called for 10 - 10:30 AM

The check-in had no line and was mostly empty

They had stopped giving out boarding group numbers by then

You should be able to walk on after you check-in

And the boarding times are just an attempt to smooth the crowd flow a bit. Many issues can affect a person's arrival at the port (transportation, traffic, accidents, etc). Therefore, these times have never been enforced as far as I know. Arrive early if you wish. However, boarding generally does not begin until about 11:30.

ProTip: I booked the earliest time 9:30-10 for my Miami boarding figuring, hey- start the vacation early! Um, no. Everyone sat in the waiting room until approx. 11:30 and then they started boarding by numbers, except, somehow, I had missed getting a number and ended up in Group 11. Next time I will do whatever, sleep in at the hotel, get breakfast, then go about noon-ish.

The time you have selected to arrive at the pier is not strictly enforced. 4500 people have to go through security and check-in. Recommend that you leave your hotel around 10:00 and get to the port early. At 12:30, you will be in a veeerrrryyyy long line. General boarding starts between 11:15 and 11:30. Suites guests and top-tier Latitudes members (NCL's loyalty program) will get priority boarding. Everyone else will be issued boarding group numbers. The boarding moves quickly. Lunch is available in the buffet at 11:30 and main dining room starting at noon.

IMPORTANT: On your edocs, it will tell you to report to Terminal B or C. The Escape boards out of two terminals. Your room keys are only at the terminal printed in your eDocs.

Enjoy your cruise. We have sailed on the Escape twice. She's a beautiful ship!

This is probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. :) When you say that people in suites, etc...will board first. Do mini-suites count?
No. Mini-suites are treated like balcony, oceanview, inside, etc.

Your question wasn't stupid, btw. Many people don't like the way that NCL uses "suite" in mini-suite because it can be confusing.