Transportation question

sk8rmomof3

We have decided this will be a beach day for us, and I have heard Paradise Beach is great and many people said the taxi is cheap. But I've always been warned don't do anything that isn't sponsored by the cruise. How do I know what is safe and what isn't? We didn't want to book an excursion this day, and just allow the kids to relax and swim in a fun beach.

Very easy to get a cab back and forth and very safe. Just walk to the end of the pier through the shop area and there are transportation people directing cabs. They will ask you where you want to go and the rates are posted.

Will be going at end of March Paradise beach is our favorite place when stopping there....

Very easy to get a cab back and forth and very safe. Just walk to the end of the pier through the shop area and there are transportation people directing cabs. They will ask you where you want to go and the rates are posted.

Will be going at end of March Paradise beach is our favorite place when stopping there....

Then to come back to the ship, are there taxis just waiting there as well? I'm not sure we'll stay there all day and may want to board the ship earlier than the rest......

Usually cabs waiting in the afternoon - they know when the surge in customers heading back to the ship occurs and follow the money. If there are no cabs waiting when you are ready to leave your waiter or someone from the PB staff will call (should only take a couple of min.)

Coz is very easy and safe - no need to rely on ship excursions. Cab fares are posted and I have never had an issue with a taxi on Cozumel (something I cannot say about the crooks in Philly!) but it is always smart to verify the fare BEFORE you get into the taxi.

Have a great cruise!

When we were last in Coz in December 2016, the large sign with the fares was not there (Puerta Maya pier). The board that it used to sit on was there but no sign. In that case, just make sure you ask before you get in to the taxi. We've taken taxis all over Coz and never had a problem finding one anywhere.

I very rarely take ship tours unless it's an excursion that is very tight on time, like seeing far away ruins. The taxis in Cozumel are very easy to use and we've never had a concern when we've used them. Have a great time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

So are the taxi's just riding around during the day after you leave the port? I am having trouble finding out this information.

For example, if we decide to take a taxi over to the ruins and spend a couple of hours, will there be taxi's waiting or nearby to be able to go somewhere else after that? From the chocolate factory, church, museum, etc.

Also, we are a very large group of 17. Would the taxi's that come around be able to get all of us to different places together?

We are really wanting to see several different places and I am trying to cost compare a tour company with doing it on our own.

Any information given, would be greatly appreciated.

For your size group you'll need two van taxis. To see what is on your list I would rent both cabs for 3+ hours (depends upon how much time you spend at the ruins). If you were just a couple or just wanted to go to one of the popular beach clubs I'd take a chance on taxis being waiting/available, but not for your large group and that many stops.

You can arrange for the cabs at the taxi line for your pier or book in advance through Black Hat or another tour company.

We have decided this will be a beach day for us, and I have heard Paradise Beach is great and many people said the taxi is cheap. But I've always been warned don't do anything that isn't sponsored by the cruise. How do I know what is safe and what isn't? We didn't want to book an excursion this day, and just allow the kids to relax and swim in a fun beach.

We are going in October and I had the same concerns.... how far is Paradise Beach from the Carnival pier in Cozumel?

We are going in October and I had the same concerns.... how far is Paradise Beach from the Carnival pier in Cozumel?

Taxi will take about 15 min to get there - should cost about $17 for up to 4 passengers sharing the cab. Current fare will be posted on a board near the cab line. Same fare will get you back to your pier -- there are three cruise ship piers on Cozumel, so be sure you are going back to the correct one (it can get a little confusing after your 12th margarita! :'))

So are the taxi's just riding around during the day after you leave the port? I am having trouble finding out this information.

For example, if we decide to take a taxi over to the ruins and spend a couple of hours, will there be taxi's waiting or nearby to be able to go somewhere else after that? From the chocolate factory, church, museum, etc.

Also, we are a very large group of 17. Would the taxi's that come around be able to get all of us to different places together?

We are really wanting to see several different places and I am trying to cost compare a tour company with doing it on our own.

Any information given, would be greatly appreciated.

I think you would probably require three taxis.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Taxiinternational?From=Taxiairport

I would not rely on expecting to find waiting taxis at the ruins or chocolate factory for return trip. As you can see from the above table there is a charge listed for trip to ruins,with waiting, from dispatch which includes 3 hours or you could request a longer period of time but be sure to agree on price before you leave.

It would be easy from the ruins to be dropped off at chocolate factory if you mean Kaokao, original location - (they now have several subsidiary locations and there is a new chocolate company close to Playa Mia, by the southern beach clubs.) A taxi could either wait or I believe the owners of the chocolate factory can call for a taxi. The church, museum etc are all in town and could be reached on foot from the square if you are all mobile. Easy to get return taxis from town, but you would need to have a "leader" for each group.

We have used Tours Plaza numerous times for tours and they will stay with you. They have different sized vans but you would need to ask if they can get one for that big a group. Eduardo, the administrator, is very quick to respond and I am sure would be happy to help you with a plan.

I answered some of your transport concerns on the other thread you asked on, but be aware that Paradise Beach is not AI, which seemed to be one of your requirements.